Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Ya, what he said.. plus if a joint lets go under torque you could loose a locker too. But dont be too quick to put down the stock 44 stuff. If your running no more than 36 or 37 and drive smart they should be ok. My 25 year old stuff lasted 2 years behind 300 hp and a 100:1 low range with 36's but one died the first trip out with 39.5s....

· Registered
386 Posts
Justin if your stock u-joints arnt dry or otherwise screwed up leave them in. Around here it's the popular opinion (for what that is worth) that the OE stuff will last better than the replacement in the same shaft. I dont have any hard facts, but the OE spicer joints dont seem to spit out caps nearly as easy as a fresh joint. I assume they are a pretty tight fit when new that you cant duplicate when you swap'em. Just keep an eye on them, like everytime you finish a trail or stress them on a tuff spot. If your not hammering the throttle you'll be fine. Just my$.02 worth.

C.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.