Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ordered my dana 44 shafts like a month and a half ago. they still arn't in??
has anyone else had a problem with them being HELLA SLOW!

it wasn't a big deal till i broke my stock shafts this weekend. not i need my new ones!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've been waiting since mid-February. hopefully i get them w/in the next month or so. when i do I'll sell them to you w/ a 30% mark up

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nobody can get ahold of 4340 from what I have been hearing. Superior is/was in the same boat. A good buddy of mine waited 6 months on a D44 shaft from Superior.

Harley

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well all good to know. just hella sux i am not getting em in yet! maybe before the 4th.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
that sucks. I got mine last year and i got them next day. it must be because of the oil prices

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
ordered my scout rear dana 44 shafts in november still waiting. good thing shafts can stoll be had through the local pick and pull. i just like the added piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
exactly why I went with Yukon. I'd rather have to possibly replace it sooner and get the replacement sooner and keep wheelin. just got my 35 spline D60 stuff a couple weeks ago.

sorry to hear about the issues getting what you want.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The USA ALLOY inners were no problem received w/in a couple of weeks, but the outers are the problem. I already have enough money saved that I might purchase the YUKON outers, which are in stock and run those. Wait for the USA Alloy's and use them when YUKON's decide to break.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yukon's for D44's blow especially the outers. Your better off using stock stubs with alloy usa inners. I literally broke more Yukon shafts in my front 10b then I have stock shafts wheeling the same trails. They may have replacements readily available but they are junk parts especially there D44 stubs. I broke my first Yukon D44 stub in 10 minutes doing nothing hard. The only Yukon shafts that seem to be ok shafts are there D60 35spl fronts.

Do a search on Yukon D44 stubs and you will find some nice info on here.

Harley

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have seen first hand the d44 yukon outers suck. They broke on a EB just trying to steer through some ruts.

·
Registered
920 Posts
ok so i ordered my dana 44 shafts like a month and a half ago. they still arn't in??
has anyone else had a problem with them being HELLA SLOW!

it wasn't a big deal till i broke my stock shafts this weekend. not i need my new ones!!
There are many reasons for the delay in 4340. What do you have on order? We do have about 6000 4340 front shafts in stock - unfortunately seems they are applications no one wants today.....

Ron

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
There are many reasons for the delay in 4340. What do you have on order? We do have about 6000 4340 front shafts in stock - unfortunately seems they are applications no one wants today.....

Ron
Ron,
Do you any sort of an estimate on when D60 35 spline inner and outers will be avaiable?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yukon's for D44's blow especially the outers. Your better off using stock stubs with alloy usa inners. I literally broke more Yukon shafts in my front 10b then I have stock shafts wheeling the same trails. They may have replacements readily available but they are junk parts especially there D44 stubs. I broke my first Yukon D44 stub in 10 minutes doing nothing hard. The only Yukon shafts that seem to be ok shafts are there D60 35spl fronts.

Do a search on Yukon D44 stubs and you will find some nice info on here.

Harley
not sure why some of you had issues the D44 stuff, but mine held up extremely well. 200hp, 37s with beadlocks, locked axle, 5300# rig. I beat the hell out of them and they are still fine (now sold to a friend). in fact, I had the d-side tire stuck in an undercut and kept trying to force it to climb. the OE ford hub blew apart and the Yukons lived. I've had very good luck with their stuff so far.

I really wanted the Longfields, but my wallet wasn't havin it :flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
The USA ALLOY inners were no problem received w/in a couple of weeks, but the outers are the problem. I already have enough money saved that I might purchase the YUKON outers, which are in stock and run those. Wait for the USA Alloy's and use them when YUKON's decide to break.
Dont buy anything from yukon

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I waited for 6 or 7 months for my AlloyUSA outers from a vendor here and they never came so I settled for D60 Yukon 35 spline outers. Before I install them I will have them Cryogenically cold treated to help them from breaking hopefully.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I waited for 6 or 7 months for my AlloyUSA outers from a vendor here and they never came so I settled for D60 Yukon 35 spline outers. Before I install them I will have them Cryogenically cold treated to help them from breaking hopefully.

I have been running Yukon outers for over 2 years in my front 60 with 44" tires. No problems so far (knocking on wood).

1 - 20 of 65 Posts