Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently obtained a 1984 Toyota 4Runner.I really have my eye on the Allpro Extreme Lift kit. It's cost is $2019,but it comes with every imaginable item to make it offroad ready,including the hysteer kit,extended brake lines,56" long springs,etc.etc. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this kit and is it money well spent.Any input would be appreciated.Thanks.

Randy Bush [email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
this could get ugly ... use the search button in the upper right corner of the page. there is plenty of info out there.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Although I never bought the "kit" I did run all pro springs and high steer for several years. The set up has very good flex. Unlike the junk yard springs that I am sure several people are going to recomend, they resist wheel hop well, and took a real beating. It is a very high quality kit, thus the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I have been looking on Allpro's web page a LOT and I haven't noticed it on sale,but I will definitely call them and find out! Thanks for the NICE reply.

Randy Bush

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
This should be in the newbie forum.

There are cheaper ways to do it but you can't buy a better "kit". AllPro's stuff is expensive but it's good stuff. If you want to go a "kit" route that would be the one to buy.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Re: Thanks

randy6679 said:
I have been looking on Allpro's web page a LOT and I haven't noticed it on sale,but I will definitely call them and find out! Thanks for the NICE reply.

Randy Bush
The sale price is listed right on the front page...you know..the page with like 6 million 404 errors.....

Just scroll down..you will see it!

http://www.allprooffroad.com/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!

I have realized you can't have thin skin to post on "PIRATE"!! I appreciate the posts and advice.As many times as I have looked on Allpro's sight,I always use the menu at the top and don't scroll down on the home page.When you click on the "extreme lift kit" it doesn't have the sale price.Well anyway,I just called Allpro and ordered the kit.

Randy Bush

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Re: I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!

If you are not a fabricator, it is money well spent. You will be happy with it!!!
randy6679 said:
I have realized you can't have thin skin to post on "PIRATE"!! I appreciate the posts and advice.As many times as I have looked on Allpro's sight,I always use the menu at the top and don't scroll down on the home page.When you click on the "extreme lift kit" it doesn't have the sale price.Well anyway,I just called Allpro and ordered the kit.

Randy Bush

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Its a very good kit for the money.Ive seen lots of junk yard set ups but glad I didnt go that way.If you need any questions about the install ansewered just give me a pm.The only problem I had was I didnt get my front shocks untill three months after, and they were different colors.I would have sugested making sure that allpro had everything in stock before paying ,but since youve already ordered it then good luck:D

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I got the kit a year ago and am very happy with it. High Steer is the only way to go, the front springs flex very well, and the rears flex ok, but limit axle wrap nicely. On the road I am amazed how well it handles for how well it does off road.

Your next problem will be keeping your Runner from being destroyed because of all the harder trails you can now do!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Allpro

I am really looking forward to getting this kit,now I just have to get my buds at the fire station to help me install it! A few days ago I also ordered 2- 3rd members from Randy's Ring and Pinion with 5.29 gears and a full spool locker in the rear.I left the front open for now because I have dreams of putting a toyota electric locker in the front. I've owned a 4Runner before but I decided this time when I got another one I was going to put it together tough and right! Another goal of mine for the 4Runner is to do an engine swap when the original 4 banger plays out. My buds at the fire station are wanting to put a 5.0 mustang engine it but I have seen a lot of swaps with the chevy 4.3 vortec.Is there some pros about this engine that people prefer? Let me know some opinions on a future engine swap.Thanks.

Randy Bush

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Re: Allpro

randy6679 said:
I am really looking forward to getting this kit,now I just have to get my buds at the fire station to help me install it! A few days ago I also ordered 2- 3rd members from Randy's Ring and Pinion with 5.29 gears and a full spool locker in the rear.I left the front open for now because I have dreams of putting a toyota electric locker in the front. I've owned a 4Runner before but I decided this time when I got another one I was going to put it together tough and right! Another goal of mine for the 4Runner is to do an engine swap when the original 4 banger plays out. My buds at the fire station are wanting to put a 5.0 mustang engine it but I have seen a lot of swaps with the chevy 4.3 vortec.Is there some pros about this engine that people prefer? Let me know some opinions on a future engine swap.Thanks.

Randy Bush
Search Randy, and Ye shall find... thus far you have been granted grace from the flame!:D

Generally, this forum has very little patience for people that are looking for a quick easy answer instead of searching and educating themselves first.

To make a search more effective, click "Search Titles Only" and select a specific forum to search. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Re: Re: Allpro

TurtleTruck said:

Search Randy, and Ye shall find... thus far you have been granted grace from the flame!:D

Generally, this forum has very little patience for people that are looking for a quick easy answer instead of searching and educating themselves first.

To make a search more effective, click "Search Titles Only" and select a specific forum to search. Good Luck.
I agree, some are going soft. But the benefit is, instead of getting 15 posts of *search newbie* and 5 of good info, we get 5 posts of *search newbie* and 15 posts of good info. Makes searching 10 fold easier.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Re: Allpro

randy6679 said:
My buds at the fire station are wanting to put a 5.0 mustang engine it but I have seen a lot of swaps with the chevy 4.3 vortec.Is there some pros about this engine that people prefer? Let me know some opinions on a future engine swap.Thanks.

Randy Bush
Of course... It's not a Ford. :D

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Does the all pro kit include an IFS steering box? Not sure if it does since I'm too lazy to check their site. If it doesn't you'll need to source one for your high steer install.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
wheelerfreak said:
Does the all pro kit include an IFS steering box? Not sure if it does since I'm too lazy to check their site. If it doesn't you'll need to source one for your high steer install.
According to their site, there is no steering box with the kit. It is an extra 449 through AllPro. I suggest Sky. I think they are waaaay cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IFS steering box

The kit does not come with the steering box.Allpro offers one for $400 plus.I got one the other day from a junkyard off of an1987 4Runner IFS. I didn't pay anything for it because the junkyard owed my buddy some trade value off of a previous deal. From what I hear you can get one between $50 and $100 from a junkyard.I actually saw some on eBay recently for about $75.Just type in" toyota steering box".The only other thing I can imagine that I might need is new Drive shafts.I don't know why but the Allpro ad states you may need drive shaft work.

Randy Bush

1 - 20 of 26 Posts