Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using one of these and are they standing up on the trail?

I have seen 4 of these break in the past 2 weeks here in Aus and dont want to blow $$$ if they are still breaking.

I haven't heard much about them at all.

Also does anyone else offer an upgraded output at a better price or quality?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Scott runs 44's in competion with his unique hammer it and if that fails hammer it again driving style. I don't think you can fault All Pro's shaft for Scott's lack of driving skills :), just ask him

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Wow... literally as I was trying to reply... :p

A quicker search yet (isn't it still on the top page?) would net you the info that I broke a transfer case (literally, the case itself) this weekend.

Edit: It slipped (that was quick--I just posted it yesterday!)... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198737

As I've said before, I give the AP shaft the credit as due... it's as strong as you're going to get, within the confines of the Toyota minitruck case. I don't think it's a fair comparison to put the minitruck case, even with all the upgrades available, against an Atlas or similar--they're not even the same layout, much less in the same class of case.

And despite having broken a few transfer case parts, I'm planning to use a Toyota case in my next buggy... and it'll have a 4.7 gear and an AP mainshaft in it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have been running one in my dual case application along with 44's. I am pretty hard on everything and haven't had a failure thus far. I am running stock gears though and that might be making the difference for me vs. Scott.

I do have a D300 laying on the floor and planning to put it in soon. But not because I have had failures I am trying to get the front shaft as high as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts