I wish I had a before picture, but yea, the main weld (angled butt) looks to have torn free. I got it the way it was set up, then tried to make it stronger until I moved the upper link off the pumpkin, and over to the PS axle tube. That would have freed up space on the DS tube to make a link bracket with 2 solid welds to the tube, rather than a weld and a bolt.oh? i cant really tell whattheheck is going on by that pic?? seems like a few welds broke??
I would, but had a wrecker pick up the truck from work last night and take it to the only 4x4 shop around. I just picked up the truck sunday and I have no welder, so I am having to pay someone $62.50/hr to do it for meMore pic's please.
It was one of the first kits sold by All-Pro. The main problem is that the DS lower link was only supported by the top weld (to the pumpkin truss) and a bolt on contraption across the pinion area (also an All-Pro design). There were only 2 planes that were there to support the lower link mount. Poor design IMHO.It sound to me like the truss he has was one of the early ones that were built for the Waggie 44. There were a few of those sold to guys around the country before Terry and Jon decided that they would only offer the kit and tech advice for the Hybrid axle. I can't blame them though. The amount of calls they would get from guys using random axles and then blaming All-Pro for lack of fitting was comical.
It appears that fatigue was the likely failure in this case though. Based on the pics it looks like there is some tearing behind the welds.