Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built the gauge pod and finished wiring the gauges tonight. Does anyone happen to know what the Ohm range of the stock oil pressure sender is for the RRC? I used the autometer one but it reads at like 15psi so im not sure what happened there. I think im gonna build an aluminum center console. not sure yet though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's pretty impressive, you should take some pictures from further away so we can see the entire thing.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Man that's nice. I need to make something like that. Of course, I have neither the skills or the tools, so I guess I'll be making mine from 2x4s and plywood.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Looks great! The gauge pod looks just like the one I built for my buggy.

Dunno' what the ohm range is, but 15psi is 'about' right...I'm only in the 18-23 psi range when warm.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I removed my switch and drilled and tapped it to accept my sender. Workes great.

Kind of wish I didn't install it though. I'm amazed at how many times wheeling I discover I have zero oil pressure. Must have happend 4 times at the CC. The idiot light would only flicker at me once in a while. The gauge mocks me....

--D

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
looks very nice

it is very close to what I had invisioned for ovis1 (but with more gauges )and a way to defrost the wind screen ...

maybe not so wide but just my $0.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts