Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im twin sticking my 205, out of a 79 f250. ive got all the combinations working except for the front wheel only high. which of the two notches do i need to enlarge. ive pulled it apart about 10 times now, and im afraid im gonna take one of em too far. any other tips?

thanks

justin

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't remember which notch does what now. Are you using the article from Four Wheeler to do this? They have a picture that shows exactly how much to take off of which.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i had those same worries and after a while i decided to rip it out and try again and i kept taking too little off but too little is better then too much just take your time man.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ii was using that article as reference. i'll keep at it tonite, just wondering if anyone knew which notch to keep working. i dont want to take too much off. thanks for the help though.

justin

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
when I did mine I got high tech. I resized the image of what they ground out on my computer screen. matched it as close as possible then tweaked it from there.

it was easy to do.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it! had to make the notch on the end around 13/16'' not 11/16'' the article said. thanks for the help

justin

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I did mine last night. I notched the end around 0.94" from the end and the middle around 0.4".

Works like a charm. Now to cut down a couple Dana 20 shifters I have laying around...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am twin sticking mine right now and have every thing but front low only. I have been working on the sloped one in the middle because somewhere I read that was the one that I had to do but, know with the rear in low it will almostgo in front high :confused: so is it the other one that has to go longer. thanks

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i finnaly got frustrated when i was doing mine. so i put the rail in and beat on it mercilessly with a BFH and when i pulledit out, it had a small indentation where it was hitting the ball that prevents you from making the shift. then ground that away. best thing to do, is to pull out your rail, get a light and look into the rail hole, put the other shifter in the position your having trouble with, and see which ball comes up, thats the notch you need to keep grinding.

justin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts