Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
molsenmuscle said:
What you guys can't wheel in the snow? C'mon chain up, bundle up and crank the heater, if you have one still, and go have some fun.:D
Aaahhh, you poor guys in the cold climate. It was about 75 degrees today here in good ol Southern Cali. Of course your scenery is better and you don't have to drive so far to wheel, but what they hey the weather will be nice in the hammers for the Jambo later this month. I'll try to send some sunshine your way. Stay warm :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
i give it to the middle of april to be clear. If people are runing on it sooner.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
The Con is a kick in the ass to go in in the snow!!!! T and I broke trail into Ellis Creek the Tuesday before Memorial, camped atEllis until the Monday after!!!! It was a hoot!!!!! Don't be a woosey, air down and go on it, it is a whole different trail!!!!:D We went in in a snow storm with the heater cranked up and the half doors on, on the slabs the snow was blowing right through the cab!!!:flipoff2: Shit I am a 58 year old man!! If I can handle it you should be able to, Jones hell your just CS to get cold or afraid you might get stuck. Go for it!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
poorwheeler said:
Is anybody jonesin as much as me? I HATE The snow!
Whoa! You GOTTA wheel in the snow! Listen to everyone else. Get out there quick before it's all gone!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Snorky said:

Aaahhh, you poor guys in the cold climate. It was about 75 degrees today here in good ol Southern Cali. Of course your scenery is better and you don't have to drive so far to wheel, but what they hey the weather will be nice in the hammers for the Jambo later this month. I'll try to send some sunshine your way. Stay warm :D
If it wasn't for snow wheelin I would have about 6 months to work on my junk over the winter.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As soon as my rig is 4x4 ready, I will be in the snow. That is for SURE!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snow wheelin is nice. Been on the con before in the snow. But have heard of to many horror stories this time of year when the slabs turn to Ice and the sun melts the top layer. And a sliding you will go. Took my buddies last year about 6 hours to get 5 rigs up the slabs(because only 2 of em had winches). Maybe next year when all of us have the winches I will "Man Up" and head out. But from the way things are looking I say Mid to early april. Loon was thawing in several places. And hopefully these next storms won't bring anymore snow up there. Yeah my big Puss is quivering. But I have lived in montana for the last 4 years and have done enough snow wheelin for the rest of my friggin life. It takes the fun out of it when you have to do it just to get to work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Aaahhh, you poor guys in the cold climate. It was about 75 degrees today here in good ol Southern Cali. Of course your scenery is better and you don't have to drive so far to wheel, but what they hey the weather will be nice in the hammers for the Jambo later this month. I'll try to send some sunshine your way. Stay warm
Yeah it was -30C (-22F) last night. Too cold for me. :flipoff2:
Anytime somebody wants to rescue me from this climate I will happy to move.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
poorwheeler said:
Some are braver/crazier than me. Too cold for my blood.
the white 70's extracab ford is dustin emick and he said his rig was down so he couldnt go to the hammers!!!!ive got evidence, fawker!!!:flipoff2: :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts