Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I’ll wait. I’ve got time, and a totally destroyed budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My budget is basically non existent right now! And I’m headed to Johnson valley next weekend

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
My budget is basically non existent right now! And I’m headed to Johnson valley next weekend

Are you gonna go easy on the party pedal because of your budget, or go ham? Haha

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Took a little out of the wheel well to fit the PBRs. When I made these covers, I made the wheel wells exactly 37” because I figured all tires run a little under size. Not true with these. Haha

I love the look of a tightly tucked tire in a rear wheel well. These PBRs should fit in my wells like a glove after this.

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Other side

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
This thread has gotten boring lately, and I apologize for that. I’ve been rebuilding the heater components since I had to tear it half way down to fix the heater core anyway. I’ll spare you all that.

What I did get to do finally is flex this thing out. I was surprised to find that this setup actually goes farther up the ramp than the worn out 36” iroks setup. Probably has something to do with the squared off shoulder on the PBRs.

I rub just a tiny bit on my new cutouts in the rear. I think I’ll just soften the edges on the armor and let it rub. I also rub my fuel filler hose a little still. Gotta cut it down just a wee bit more.

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Some pics. I finally took a break from fixing/building stuff to get some fresh air. These pitbulls are nice offroad.

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Some scenery.

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Love that 3/4 view with the mountains/ desert. :smokin:

Random: what's the wheelbase on this now?

It just happened to be a really nice sunset while I was out, so time for pics!

WB is currently 91”. 4” front and 3” rear stretch. Stock was 84”

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I love the filled wheel well!

Jeep looks awesome, how do you like the Pitbulls?

I spent a lot of time on that wheel well. Thanks for noticing. I love the look of a tight fitting wheel well.

I love the pitbulls so far. Great on the road. Good grip in hard corners and acceleration. They feel softer than other tires offroad at road pressure. I have yet to crawl with them or even air them down though. Only grump is they are heavy as hell, but the LQ9 doesn’t even notice them, just my back.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Are you gonna go easy on the party pedal because of your budget, or go ham? Haha

Haha i don’t know if you follow my thread, but holy fukkkkkk!
I ran about ten miles of this years race course then hit chocolate thunder. My god. After I broke a forged yoke, bent a axle ubolt, spit out caps, tossed a rear driveline, I broke a front stub shaft. All in about 12 minutes. I didn’t “feel” I was going too hard. Chocolate thunder won and I want redemption. We should make a plan and go together. I took me about 3.5 hours to winch out alone not hitting that on a Thursday again without help

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Haha i don’t know if you follow my thread, but holy fukkkkkk!
I ran about ten miles of this years race course then hit chocolate thunder. My god. After I broke a forged yoke, bent a axle ubolt, spit out caps, tossed a rear driveline, I broke a front stub shaft. All in about 12 minutes. I didn’t “feel” I was going too hard. Chocolate thunder won and I want redemption. We should make a plan and go together. I took me about 3.5 hours to winch out alone not hitting that on a Thursday again without help

Good Lord Holmes!

And you want me to go run it with you!?

Maybe when I get on tons...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Still neck deep in backyard chores, and now the wife wants to by one of those huge pavilions from Costco. Bye bye free time. One thing I still have is my drive to and from work in the jeep, so I started doing pretty much the only thing I can...

I started the tuning process to really dial in my VE tables and MAF. I did a lot of research and it’s not that different than tuning TBI stuff, so it should be easy. I created a data logging tune that eliminates anything that can cause the tune to go open loop, and shut off my MAF. With the system running solely speed density, and can datalog and tweak my VE tables easily. So far, I’ve done two solid logs and tweaked the VE. I was apparently quite off, so it’s a good thing I’m doing this.

I also managed to get farther on my air box. Almost done with that chore. In the meantime, my heater hoses are just looped together to bypass the missing heater core, and my motor hasn’t had any cooling issues like some say will happen.

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Good Lord Holmes!

And you want me to go run it with you!?

Maybe when I get on tons...

I’m calling it a fluke I put in some 35spline Yukon’s and drive flanges so now I’ll just bust ring and pinions lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Umkay. Been building fences and a pavilion in the backyard, so I haven’t done much. I did get my heater box back and hooked up my heater hoses to my new heater core. All seems fine, no leaks. I also finished my VE table (see below) and am now tuning my MAF.

I have a wideband and AFR gauge in the jeep, so I’ve done some research and found I can feed the WB signal through the EGR pintle position sensor and log the data. This will give me superior data for tuning my MAF and PE circuit.

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Got the wideband data into the ECM. I restarted tuning based on the wideband only, and, though my narrow band tuning was pretty close, the wideband is more accurate especially at the hard to reach old cells.

141 - 160 of 226 Posts