Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Here is my latest CAD endeavor. A setup to use the 750mL Jack bottle as a coolant catch. What do you guys think? Uses pop-in rubber bumpers at the base. And a large grommet at the top to keep the bottle safe from shock.

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I’m done tuning my VE and MAF. The motor is happy as a clam in its new home. I love the smooth and enormous power!

Original VE and MAF tables:
IMG_5471.jpg
IMG_5470.jpg

Final VE and MAF tables:
IMG_5474.jpg

I also made a revision to the JD coolant catch. The original mounted to the CJ radiator using the existing bolt holes in the rad, but it sat pretty low. This new rev raises the unit 2” higher and puts it in a great spot to be seen and accessed.

You could also mount it anywhere else using the slotted holes.

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
That is over engineered and I love it. :D
Thanks :grinpimp:! I tend to go to the Nth degree on design projects. Sometimes its good sometimes its too much.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I've been replacing the oil pump on the LQ9. Kinda suck doing it in the vehicle, but that's how it goes. I was seeing lower oil pressures when the engine was cold, so I wanted to swap this out sooner than later.

I didn't see any golden flakes or pixie dust in the oil when I drained it, so that's good! Oil was about 1500 miles old. I did see several small bits of blue shop towel. Haha, oops :homer:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
IMG_5553.jpg

The offending oil pump.

I really like how the used oil sets off the pattern of the paper towel. It’s all in the little details folks. Haha.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Had the oil pump in and everything sealed up on Monday (currently Saturday), but several of my z06 manifold studs stripped out when removing my cross pipe. I was able to remove all but 1 stripped stud. That one required a lot of drilling. Not just any drilling though, my regular drill bits couldn’t handle it because the stud is stainless, so I bought the hard metal Milwaukee bits from Home Depot. Those did the trick, but it took me hours to step drill it out. In the end, good prevailed.

I also wrapped the cross pipe. That should keep the forest fires down and maybe my oil temps too.

I had time to idle the motor and bring it up to full temp. My oil pressure has doubled. It’s not 45 psi cold and 40 hot. It was worth all the trouble after all.

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Maybe this is gaudy, but I ordered the final touches for my LS swap.

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

Also, I hacked some fingerprints clean off... cutting a squash.

IMG_5692.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Check this out.

IMG_5718.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I made 10 of these. Thinking about selling them for $55 plus shipping for the first batch.

The 2 formed pieces are made from 1/8” stainless steel, so they don’t have to be painted. Also all the hardware is either stainless, plastic, rubber or brass, so the hardware will last too.

It can be mounted many different ways with the flexible slots, but the mounting holes are designed to fit the CJ radiator mounting bolt holes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i did a very similar thing but much less engineered with a corona bottle and two rubber coated band style clamps.
I had originally wanted to use one of the tin cup whiskey bottles, but side note my good buddy that works for the local county PD insists this still counts as an open container

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I guess I should ask a police officer about this. I’m putting fender liners back in probably within the week, so they’d have to look under the hood to see it... thanks for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
BTW, the corona bottle looks great. I think that’s a nice touch.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I’m crowned and badged. This officially completes my LS swap.

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Scored a complete 2004 SD60 from pick n pull on half off day yesterday. This will make a nice front end for me, and it was very cheap. One step closer to my truck bed build.

IMG_5869.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
If you are a toolkit member, there is an email list for it. Also, they post it on Reno 4x4. Some holidays are always half off, like 4th of July.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Looks like shot gonna get real soon!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Looks like shot gonna get real soon!

Uh huh. Hopefully. And gears the matching rear from the same truck! All complete. All in good working condition. Even the brake pads appear to be full of life. I officially have a set of tons baby!

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

161 - 180 of 226 Posts