Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do This swap on my 94 pathy. Looking for an alternative to the rancho rs44044 leafs that I can get for a junkyard.Will be doing fab work besides making the front spring hanger. Axle will be a waggy d44.

Thanks - CL

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
Flip your perches and find some stock 73-87 chevy leaves and go SOA. You'll end up with a very similar ride height and more ground clearance under the axle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flip your perches and find some stock 73-87 chevy leaves and go SOA. You'll end up with a very similar ride height and more ground clearance under the axle.
Only objection to that is the extra few hundred-thousand dollars for flat tops, and new drag links ect.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I agree, find some flattops (can be had for $50 and then $50 machining). You just need the passenger side, you can either get a chevy 44 knuckle for the driverside or just run the tie rod in the stock location and two heims and some DOM for the drag link.

Then I would recommend running 47" toyota rear springs, at least for the main 2 leafs ( I run two packs combined). It will move your axle far forward enough to still use the stock steering box location and will allow you to run a larger tire without getting into the firewall and keep a low ride height.

This is what I run and it works well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best part about sua is it fights axle wrap. Anytime you mount spring over axle sprig wrap becomes a major problem. Specially when doing rock and hill climbing. Super easy to get hopping. I'm planning to remove my front leafs for coils. It makes me sad I waisted so much time and money. Yes it was great to learn and it helped the stock truck. But if u have pathfinder already. Keep coils in the back and do coils up front. I haven't design a front coil kit yet. Only rear for the pickup. But when I climb I expect 1 of the 2 scenarios when u plant the gas pedal there should be absolutely no hopping or bouncing. If your setup is done correct it should plant the power. Meaning it should spin tires or keep climbing. Hopping breaks stuff and leaf springs without a centralized ladder bar system u will make end up making sacrifice somewhere.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Leafs with an offset center pin will have less axle wrap naturally. Hundreds if not thousands of guys run the toyota RUF's in the front of their toyotas and have very little issues with axle wrap. They work very well for a budget setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts