Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
what are you guys doing to accomidate lots of auxilary lighting, im wondering if there is such a thing as a dual alt kit,i'v seen of them before for like other vehicals but not a toy is there one and where could one get one

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
135amp gm 1-wire for $65 off ebay

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Im in the same boat and after reading about 23 pages of posts and pm'ing someone whos done it, Im still having trouble finding it. on ebay I found this
http://search.ebay.com/135-amp-alte...ZR10QQsotrZ2QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsosortorderZ1

but it doesnt look like any of them have internal regulators, any help from those that have found what they're looking for let me know.

Also I was told that a '79 camaro should have the right alt, but at autozone all it shows is a 65 amp alt. I dont know, will update this thread with what I find, cause after all those pages that I searched there was no diffinitive answer

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
this is what i got ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7921633632&category=33573&sspagename=WDVW his prices are a bit more now. 1 wire to hook it up and your set. i got a volt meter and pulled the bulb from the dummy light. id ditch the smog pump and put it there, however when i swap engines its going back to the stock locatin. it can be done, just did have the ability/creativity to make it when i got it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i found a good one at the pick n pull off of a limo 135 amp single wire. not that I have gotten around to putting it in yet :shaking:

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
get an alternator from a 89 chevy suburban. 105 amps. its small. and you can hook up from 3 to 1 wires to make it work

you only really need one.

its the switched from the ignition. i run 2 wires on mine. one hooks to the positive post on the alternator and the other is excited by the on position on the ignition.

works good. now if i would only get my damn engine running. you'll have to fabricate your own bracket. i put mine on my 5mge straight 6!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts