Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alternator is not working and was wondering where I should start to check it and I checked for loose wires, but havent dug in yet, any tips or ideas. Also if it turns out to be the alternator or regulator that is bad (very probable) what should I replace it with. something with an internal regulator and easy hookup and higher amps would be nice. junkyard parts or new, depending on price. also the alternator is relocated to the top passenger side mounted to a york.
 

·
Zeus of the Sluice
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
Dude I suck! I forgot to get you that other alt friday. I will try and swing it by tomorow.

If you want to check you system I will bring my multimeter and a dumby book.

although <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">,....if your going to mount that 8'000lb warn maybe you should take this oppertunity to look into an 100amp model. dat would be sweeeet.

its only money <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
I got a GM type 100amp alt in mine. It's a single wire, internally regulated, self exciting monster of a machine! I love it !

I got an incredible discount when I bought it, so let me know and I'll get you one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
<IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> hey cracker you dodgen me I call you about 8 time yesterday two times after 8;00 p.m. when you look at you caller I.D. & it says Montague that me so answer it next time cause I'm starting to get a complex. <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Reddog:
<STRONG>I got a GM type 100amp alt in mine. It's a single wire, internally regulated, self exciting monster of a machine! I love it !

I got an incredible discount when I bought it, so let me know and I'll get you one.</STRONG>
thats what Im thinkin, can you get a digital pic, of how it mounts and email me the details. Of course help hooking it up would be nice too <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by fc187:
<STRONG>Dude I suck! I forgot to get you that other alt friday. I will try and swing it by tomorow.

If you want to check you system I will bring my multimeter and a dumby book.

although <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">,....if your going to mount that 8'000lb warn maybe you should take this oppertunity to look into an 100amp model. dat would be sweeeet.

its only money <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
dont sweat it, I wouldnt have done anything with it anyways yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jb72cruz:
<STRONG> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> hey cracker you dodgen me I call you about 8 time yesterday two times after 8;00 p.m. when you look at you caller I.D. & it says Montague that me so answer it next time cause I'm starting to get a complex. <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I left early yesterday morning and didnt get back til around noon, but all the calls said unavailable, not montague. It was Cindis birthday, so I went to get her a present and had to get the kids school shoes and backpacks for Monday. Im at work now til around 10. I still love ya Jim dont worry <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jb72cruz:
<STRONG> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> hey cracker you dodgen me I call you about 8 time yesterday two times after 8;00 p.m. when you look at you caller I.D. & it says Montague that me so answer it next time cause I'm starting to get a complex. <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I left early yesterday morning and didnt get back til around noon, but all the calls said unavailable, not montague. It was Cindis birthday, so I went to get her a present and had to get the kids school shoes and backpacks for Monday. Im at work now til around 10. I still love ya Jim dont worry <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
yeh yeh you say that bitch but you don't show it <IMG SRC="smilies/laughing.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats cause I ball everything in a big ball and hold it inside. <IMG SRC="smilies/clown.gif" border="0"> Ill be home around noon or so. today. couldnt pass up easy piece work. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top