Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I had my Yota I saw a guy who relocated his alternator to the upper passenger side of the engine. I think he said somthing about using a chevy bracket or somthing. Is there a way to do this relocation? Oh and I'm talking about a 22R or RE.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Disco Yetti said:
Oh and I'm talking about a 22R or RE.
Makes a helluva difference - I dont think its really doable without major rework of the intake on the 22RE.

Question is, why do it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realized the 22RE thing today when I looked at my engine. I just thought It might be nice to get the alternator a little higher up for deep water crossing in the spring.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: Re: Alternator Relocation

Alabamatoy said:
Makes a helluva difference - I dont think its really doable without major rework of the intake on the 22RE.

Question is, why do it?
i know why i'd do it!! i just finished changing my alternator about 20 minutes ago and it was a pain in the ass!! it would be a hell of a lot easier if it was up on top like chevys are! i even had to unhook the bottom radiator hose to get the sumbiatch out! oh well... at least i finished it

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i have a GM alternator mounted on a simple bracket off the AC bracketry. its for welding, i have the stocker in place for the normal charging circuit....

'ecliff' makes them if your interested...

·
Registered
342 Posts
that actually doesnt sound like a bad idea for deep water and the like.... i might have to do that too.... esp since my alternator is goin bad right now......

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I think it is agood idea to switch places with the p/s pump and alt keeps the alt out of the water and muk. Then while you are making new bracket you might as well upgrade to a 12si gm alt for a cheap upgrade in amps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts