Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To bad the search is down cause I know I've seen lots of good info on this before. I did read thru the FAQ, found the link to autoshop101, helped some, but still not there yet.

I'm having problems figuring out the wiring of my '85 for the alternator. I have a diagram in a cheapy manual, but the color coding is way off and I can't seem to figure it out.

Looking at the 3 wire plug for the alternator, and basically, the '85 wiring harness doesn't match up with the same type plug (older donor engine, 20R). I have the older engine alternator plug, but I'm not sure which wires to splice together to make this thing work correctly.

Does anyone have a diagram that shows the routing and color coding for an 85 model, or for the 20R engine's?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yellow wire is from the charge light indicator which also has a 7.5 amp fuse in that circuit. This is Hot in run only. Red is from a 15 amp fuse that is hot in run or start. White is from an 80 amp fusible link which is hot all the time. These are for an 85 pickup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.