Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 axle utility, haul all kinds of shit on it. It currently has old ford truck steel wheels on it. I pulled 4 OEM outlaw II style wheels at the self service boneyard. I am running outlaw IIs on my Scout so it would look pretty dam bling bling. I am sure it would get me sexy action with the chicks when I am cruising to the boneyard with a couple of tons of ******* looking garbage in the trailer. I am though a litttle woried about aluminum wheels. I see how much stress is put to the tires and wheels when I turn tight and am wondering about fatigue with the aluminum wheels.

Is fatigue a factor with the aluminum?

Should I keep the steels or go aluminum?

·
Registered
268 Posts
The only thing I know is that I had to frequently retighten the lugs on a borrowed trailer with aluminum wheels while my work trailer that gets towed every day never loosens. This would only be a concern with tandem axles of course. I certainly have never heard of anyone having an aluminum wheel fail so I might do it if was a weekend/occasional hauler type trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.