Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Read Only
2,525 Posts
I don't know if your older kid is a female or not, but if so, you will know what I'm talking about. In two years, when your 13 YO hits 15 and goes absolutely crazy, this situation will not help that at all. This WILL happen, be prepared.

Don't worry though. We'll be here to help you through it and tell you "We fucking told ya so! Dumbass!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol happy wife happy life but the upside is she is bout ready to pull her hair out too. Although she will never admit it i can see she is questioning her decision.
No wife - happier life :flipoff2:

In either case that is not an easy thing to deal with regardless, you have my sympathy.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
I don't know if your older kid is a female or not, but if so, you will know what I'm talking about. In two years, when your 13 YO hits 15 and goes absolutely crazy, this situation will not help that at all. This WILL happen, be prepared.

Don't worry though. We'll be here to help you through it and tell you "We fucking told ya so! Dumbass!"

My daughter is 15 and this shit is going to kill me. Crazy is an understatement.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
My daughter is 15 and this shit is going to kill me. Crazy is an understatement.
that there is your answer. I think you should just let everyone know that you just cannot do it. They'll understand or not, but, you know, when you are on a jet plane and they talk about 'in the event of an emergency' they always say, 'put your oxygen mask on first' because if you can't breathe, you can't save anyone else....

In this case, you know you just aren't able to help... say so. You are doing everyone a service by doing that.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
lol happy wife happy life but the upside is she is bout ready to pull her hair out too. Although she will never admit it i can see she is questioning her decision.

Fuck that. Happy spouse, happy house. Its a two way street.

My sister has no kids. I would not take her dog. My brother in law has no kids and lives on the other side of the country, so I can't comment on that part.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
that there is your answer. I think you should just let everyone know that you just cannot do it. They'll understand or not, but, you know, when you are on a jet plane and they talk about 'in the event of an emergency' they always say, 'put your oxygen mask on first' because if you can't breathe, you can't save anyone else....

In this case, you know you just aren't able to help... say so. You are doing everyone a service by doing that.
What the hell are you rambling about? Was there a point there and I missed it? Whatever it was went whoosh right over me.

·
Registered
24,167 Posts
What the hell are you rambling about? Was there a point there and I missed it? Whatever it was went whoosh right over me.
here, I'll be succinct. If you can't handle a 15yo daughter, then you suck at parenting or they suck as a kid and it's pointless.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
here, I'll be succinct. If you can't handle a 15yo daughter, then you suck at parenting or they suck as a kid and it's pointless.
Uhh ok. I didn't realize I said I couldn't handle it. Was just confirming the 15 year old daughter comment. There are many of us here that man up on a daily basis then there are the others here who watch from the sidelines and criticize. No I know which one you 2 are. Good info thanks.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
Uhh ok. I didn't realize I said I couldn't handle it. Was just confirming the 15 year old daughter comment. There are many of us here that man up on a daily basis then there are the others here who watch from the sidelines and criticize. No I know which one you 2 are. Good info thanks.
no, I think it was more directed at EMT, use the 15 year old as the easy excuse of 'I've got a lot of shit on my plate and am not prepared to take on more'

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
no, I think it was more directed at EMT, use the 15 year old as the easy excuse of 'I've got a lot of shit on my plate and am not prepared to take on more'
this. I have 3 kids. they are now almost grown (last one in college)

If you know you can't do it... don't do it I I totally think that is the right thing.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts