Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah, I've kinda wondered why this hasn't catched on in the US. I mean, ford 9" with unimog-type joints are practically boomproof and the steering angles are ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Starslope said:
Yeah, I've kinda wondered why this hasn't catched on in the US. I mean, ford 9" with unimog joints are practically boomproof and the steering angles are ridiculous.
for one we dont get that many mogs over here, second if we do they are $$ cuz most dont know how to mod them or much about them (including me) and se we go with 60's

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
isnt there a guy named nolen that did just that with a high pinion custom 9" center with sicko axle clearance. he did not do a front axle tho , believe he reffered people to sunray about getting the 9" / mog hybrids built.

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
masonmachines said:
:confused: what am i missing? it looks like a blue jeep on boggers.

Its is now. There was a different pic up earlier of a buggy coming down a hill with the wheels turned at a ridiculous angle. The new pic doesn't quite match the post :confused:
________
TEEN ITALIAN

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
You guys still trying to catch up since we started kicking your butts in motocross? Looks good, but it is only mud! we got those guys in the south doing that swamp buggies, and the sand devils using cutting brakes.... Hello!

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Only Mud??? Have you seen exacly what mud those guys are flying up??? That there mud ain't the same kind of mud we see, their's is frickin vertical!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
my mog 406 axles have a max angle of 50 degrees. :smoking:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
MrWillys said:
You guys still trying to catch up since we started kicking your butts in motocross? Looks good, but it is only mud! we got those guys in the south doing that swamp buggies, and the sand devils using cutting brakes.... Hello!

Hello to you, retard......... :rolleyes:

What those guys do in what you call mud is fawking sick!!! 99.99% of any wheeling you'll see anywhere in the world doesn't match up..........

Start here:

http://www.4x4iceland.com/video/4x4.is_akranes_1.wmv

How 'bout it?? You up fer sum mud runnin'??

:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
MrWillys said:
You guys still trying to catch up since we started kicking your butts in motocross? Looks good, but it is only mud!
Only Mud? Catch up? That's funny considering the rock guys are just now catching up to the mud guys in a lot of ways. Tube frames? 2 decades ago. 9"/Portal combos? Buddy of mine practically gave away a complete chassis with that setup - built sometime in the early 80's. Low COG? As long as I can remember. Mid & rear engine? Please. Beadlocks? They were everywhere when I got serious in '93.

And yeah, the stuff the guys do in Iceland is as sick as it gets. Never say "only_________" when there's knowledge & technology that you may eventually want to steal for what YOU do ;)

TEX

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
TEX said:
Only Mud? Catch up? That's funny considering the rock guys are just now catching up to the mud guys in a lot of ways. Tube frames? 2 decades ago. 9"/Portal combos? Buddy of mine practically gave away a complete chassis with that setup - built sometime in the early 80's. Low COG? As long as I can remember. Mid & rear engine? Please. Beadlocks? They were everywhere when I got serious in '93.

And yeah, the stuff the guys do in Iceland is as sick as it gets. Never say "only_________" when there's knowledge & technology that you may eventually want to steal for what YOU do ;)

TEX
Sorry guys if I offended you! The rigs in this post are Badazz. I just don't get the need for a tight steering radius to blast through the mud. Enlighten me please...
Also, thanks for pointing out that the midwest taught the westcoast about tube chassis.... MMMM, Mint 400, Baja 1000...?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
How much can you get? Theres probably a safe max and then a real max for like the parking lot, right?

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
man that is some nasty scrub radius
what is used in the balljoint location? spherical bearings in double shear?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts