Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
They opened up a new distribution center in KC and now I get most things in 1 day or 2. It's crazy how it has changed. My only complaint now is the driver being a lazy POS and driving past the building at 4:30 and marking the package as business closed undeliverable. The asshole did it a while back when I was standing there on the sidewalk waiting for the package. I think I got his dumb ass fired tho. There has been a new guy the last week or so and service has been great.
My wife's company has this problem. They have prime currently, but are considering cancelling based on this. Except it happens in the middle of the day because the driver insists no one was there. Sometimes this happens several days in a row.

At our house amazon is bad about delivering to the wrong house. 3 people on my street order amazon prime and have packages arriving almost daily. The drivers are lazy and leave packages at the wrong house constantly so they just make one stop and assume people will walk it down to their neighbors. We don't order amazon often and our package is left at our house maybe 1 out of 5 times when its the amazon drivers delivering. They just don't read the address or don't care.

·
Limey
3,039 Posts
The service has got better here. I ordered a camera last Friday morning and it was delivered later that day. I ordered a case for it late last night and it should be delivered later today. It will probably arrive as the only item inside a three foot square box, but impressive none-the-less.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
I cancelled my amazon last year. When I randomly order things it still ships for free and generally in 2-3 days. :shrug:

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,733 Posts
I cancelled mine.

Too many late packages and I am eating up time calling them to get reimbursed.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I've still got it. I rarely give a shit about delivery time. I just had to look at my order from last night. Ordered 6 items. They broke it into two orders. On the first order they shipped in two deliveries. They haven't estimated the 2nd order delivery yet. If I were in a hurry, I'd be pissed. I just like the convenience of being able to find whatever the fuck I want in the same cart at a reasonable price and it shows up at my door. Edit: On order 1, half is coming Wed half Friday none in two days (Tue).

I can't do product reviews anymore which kind of chaps my ass. Apparently I didn't follow the community rules (whatever that means) and I'm no longer allowed to review, just allowed to buy shit. It's funny because they still ask me for reviews on shit. I usually respond to those emails with appropriate fuck yous. Either unbant me or quit harassing me, pick one.

I get frustrated with Ebay because I have to watch delivery cost, delivery time, seller ratings, new or used, auction or buy it now. I can only order from them if I'm not drinking. I genuinely hate ordering from Walmartdotcom, what a fucked up site that is. I've never tried targetdotcom. I do like advanceautodotcom because I can get the online discount and pick up in store the same day if I'm in a hurry. Rockautodotcom if I'm not in a hurry obviously. Pretty much everyone now charges local sales tax now.

I hate going to the store more than anything. So the online outlets are going to have to seriously fuck up for me to move away from them. About the only person who can get me to go into a store in a non-emergent situation is my daughter. I like hanging out with her and she likes to shop where she can touch the shit before she gets it. :confused:

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,733 Posts
I'll still order from Amazon. I hate going to the stores, too.

I just won't pay them anything extra for it, when they don't stick to their benefits.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
Almost always get items when they say they'll arrive recently had one package damaged in transport since it had a gallon of apple cider vinegar in it I am betting UPS dropped something on it. The other the shipper didn't ship till a week later.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,935 Posts
Seems like no change. My wife did another free prime trial since we had a few things to order. Having a 1 yr old going to store is more challenging so we order more. Although so many stores do free shipping we haven't really needed it.

We ordered 3 things. One of them we needed by today. It was in stock and showed to be delivered Wednesday or yesterday. Sure enough it shows it left the local warehouse yesterday, arrived back at the local facility, and now its being sent from Kentucky and will be another week until it gets here :rolleyes:

The 2nd thing came yesterday which was basically on time.

The other item is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow which will be 3 or 4 days.

Except for the 2nd item everything is beyond the projected delivery date. I just don't see why I would pay for prime when they consistently struggle to deliver things that are sold by amazon and in stock. You would think they could do a better job of predicting and meeting delivery. Even if it wasn't within 2 days, but the delivery date given when ordered was met so I could count on it would be nice.

WalMart, Target, and other stores offering free delivery seem to be better at meeting delivery estimates when we order. Do I just have bad luck with Amazon or is everyone still having similar issues?
What is more challenging:

Going to the store with a 1 year old
Not having what you need when you need it because you expected it to arrive on time

I have a son who is almost 2. If you think going to the store with a kid when they're 1 is a challenge you're going to ordering a lot of things online when your child gets older.

I get a mix of Amazon deliveries. I HATE when they drop it at the post office. I USUALLY get it by the delivery date or a day later. I can't say I've ordered something off Amazon recently I needed within two days and it showed up late. If I need it that bad I hope I can find it locally. Now with the number of retailers filling Amazon orders its hit and miss with when it will arrive. Returning stuff I order on amazon because I was wrong is a pain in the ass. I'm dealing with it now. I just couldn't find it locally.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts