Pirate 4x4 banner

AMC 20 Help!!!!

764 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kickin'Chicken 
#1 ·
i need to replace the bearing in AMC 20 axle in my 1985 CJ7, my question is several years back i replaced the two piece axles with one piece axles, do i just get the standard bearings for the two piece axles or do i need a special bearings for the one piece axles i don't remember what brand they are i am thinking they are G2, but could possibly be superior? Please Help!!!

#2 ·
Pull the axle shaft, read the bearing number on the bearing , read the race number on the race, read the seal number on the seal, go to parts store buy bearing, race, and seal.

If they tell you those numbers are not working for them, pull out you smart phone and google the numbers and it will tell you. Or napa can do if for you for sure.

#4 ·
The bearing is napa part number #br9 outer seal is #13508 inner seal #13839. After I went too 2" back spaced wheels I got real good at changing these. Also the bearing retainer (the ring that presses on after the bearing) will be too thick and have to be turned down like the one that came with your kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.