Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty extensive pile of AMC 360 cores currently. I SHOULD rebuild them one at a time and sell them as such, but I haven’t got extra money for speculating at the moment, and there isn’t any spare time in my life, either.

Which means; rather than let these engines sit and rust, I should probably sell them to people who want to swap in a V8 where a 6 was – or who have a 304, but want a 360, or who have a 360, but need a fresh one (this way you can keep the vehicle together until the engine you rebuild is ready to go in.

I have 3 or 4 that are out, minus accessories, but assembled. A couple still have the intake on them – but you probably don’t want the iron 2-barrel intake anyway. They are all engines that ran, but needed attention (dead cylinder, or just plain worn out in most cases). Sometimes a dead cylinder is due to a broken ring-land and therefore broken rings, more often a dead cylinder will be due to a burnt exhaust valve. I would not expect to be able to re-use any cam/lifter/timing set parts. But none of these engines threw connecting rods or had any major failures like that.

Frankly – if the money were available I would build each one as a 380-ish inch stroker the way this guy did:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=110924

I figure they are probably worth at least a hundred bucks each.

I do not think any of them have any ‘special’ cylinder heads – although I do have a set or two of the medium/smaller-chamber AMC 360 heads. All of these engines have dog-leg exhaust ports, 63cc chambers, 2.025 intake valves, and 1.687 exhaust valves.

Preference to local buyers, though I will meet someone halfway (within reason, like, Yankton, Des Moines, Grand Island, Topeka, Etc. And it will cost you some fuel money - not a lot, but some). The engines are in Snyder, Nebraska (hour and a little from Omaha, or Lincoln, or Norfolk, or Columbus. If necessary I would be able to strap an engine to a pallet and drop it at a shipping dock in Omaha on a Friday afternoon. However – if a buyer wanted to do that, it will be up to the buyer to find the shipper and make ALL the arrangements. I will hit you up for a few bucks for getting it on a pallet and getting it to the dock.

Dave
402-719-six 8 two 6

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
How many motors?

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many motors?
At least 4 out. One might be a 72? The rest are mid-80's.

3 or 4 more still in trucks, but not sure what the fate of those all are yet (if some are runners, I have homes for them).

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a large stock of TF 727 transmissions also. If you have an AMC engine and an Atlas, Stak Replace-a-Case, or D300 (or others) with a 23-spline input and need a low-dollar, bulletproof automatic with the correct output shaft - I got what you need here.

Will be offline all weekend, so text or call 402-719-six 8 2 six.

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a large stock of TF 727 transmissions also. If you have an AMC engine and an Atlas, Stak Replace-a-Case, or D300 (or others) with a 23-spline input and need a low-dollar, bulletproof automatic with the correct output shaft - I got what you need here.

Bump.

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Another bump.

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

AMC 360's

TF727's

Come and get them!

Or, let me meet you in the middle somewhere....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts