Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am having no luck finding any listing or info on this so maybe you all can help me create a list:D
From the looks of things AMC engines were a basterdized creation of a bunch of other makers designs/parts(correct me if i am wrong here) And with a lot of AMC performance parts being a LOT more pricy than say a chevy SB , what parts (if any) can be substituted with parts from another maker.(oil pumps/rocker arms/whatever)
example: you can used chevy SB pushrods

just trying to save some cash here
thanks, Doc

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ahh let's see. Your best bet is to look an a PAW catalog or other 1000 page wonder and compare. SB Chevy pushrods, Ford rockers, or Pontiac to get 1.65 ratio. A little work in the heads and you can use other OEM valves, one of my sets of heads has BB Chevy intake and Chrysler exhaust.
I know the rod bolts are specific, as are head bolts.
Here is a good AMC forum: http://pub8.ezboard.com/famcforummodifications

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
you guys kick ass :beer:
ok so Slagburn ford rockers will work ?(roller style rockers used with edlebrock cam and lifters with stock everything else)and from what make/year ford motor
i found all the other info i needed at the other sites.
still waiting for my friggen PAW catalog:mad:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
What they said and no they are not some bastard deal. The stuff hanging on them is such as carbs starters etc, but the engines (360/401) make very good power. The thing as you seem to know is like everything they cost more than Chevys.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hell i could have dropped a chev SB and built the snot out of it for cheap but i like a chalenge:flipoff2:
i just want to cut some costs and build a engine with just a little more balls.I am trying to keep my machining to a minimum i need to finish this swap by march.
could always drop my income tax returns on some indy heads:D

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OTTERGONEJPN said:
for what it worth since u talking about roller rockers, i believe that crane make some for the amc...
AMC = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ford=$$$
chevy =$
i am tryin to be a cheap bastard here:flipoff2:
if i can use another makers parts for less i will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.