Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm building a 4X4 out of an 1974 AMC Gremlin and am in surch of craploads of info. The Cand has a 232 i6 with only 34,000 miles on it and the body is in sweet condiction. I wanna use the 232 i6 and wanna run some tires in the 35 to 40 inch areah. I was thinking of getting a jeep frame and mounting it to the Gremlins unibody frame, this i think will give me a crap load if lift. the engin will mount into the jeep frame, to lower the center of gravity. i'm thinking of running Dana 44 frunt and rear. dont have and clue to the suspenctuon or T-case. This has to be street legal and more for rocks then bud being i live on vancover island and there is more rock than mud. If you have any tips and info let be know anything about anything. :confused: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Heres a tip:LEARN HOW TO SPELL/OR TALK.
How much exactly is a crapload of lift?I got a shitload of lift on mine which equals 6"
Is a crapload more or less?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I can verify that a crapload is more than an assload. Clearly in order to have the crapload, you must have exceeded the assload. A shitload must be more than a crapload. Say, for instance your kid craps his pants. No big deal, you just change them and throw them in the wash. If he shits his pants, there is a large mess to clean up and you might as well just toss the pants in the trash instead of washing them. I've seen this topic here before and I think there was a legitimate need for clarification. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
JoeCanadian said:
Hey, I'm building a 4X4 out of an 1974 AMC Gremlin and am in surch of craploads of info. The Cand has a 232 i6 with only 34,000 miles on it and the body is in sweet condiction. I wanna use the 232 i6 and wanna run some tires in the 35 to 40 inch areah. I was thinking of getting a jeep frame and mounting it to the Gremlins unibody frame, this i think will give me a crap load if lift. the engin will mount into the jeep frame, to lower the center of gravity. i'm thinking of running Dana 44 frunt and rear. dont have and clue to the suspenctuon or T-case. This has to be street legal and more for rocks then bud being i live on vancover island and there is more rock than mud. If you have any tips and info let be know anything about anything. :confused: :flipoff2:
Obviously you are a master conneissuer of fine automobiles. As such, you should know that the Gremlin is worthless as a rock vehicle. It works only in the "bud" (or was that on the bud?). You should sell the Gremlin and "surch" for a Pacer. Now that would look great on a new custom "suspenctuon" with a "crapload if lift".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that the D44's can handle a max tire size of 35", but is there any thing i can do to chunk them up? I'm inly asking for another 5" over the 35" that the stock Axles can hack. I also know that a D60 max tire size for stock axle is 38.5", and the d70 is 44", but the d70 is to heavy and wide and heavy. like if i have to run D60's to get closer to the 40" range i will, but i would like the D44's if there is a mod to chunk them up

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Hmmm....Can't spell and wants to convert a gremlin into a 4x4....I didn't know that Canada had a large influx of rednecks lately :flipoff2:

Why hasn't this been moved to chit chat yet?

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
JoeCanadian said:
I'm inly asking for another 5" over the 35" that the stock Axles can hack.

Only? well shit dude wouldn't be any problem to just go ahead and ask for 9" over and use 44s.

Course you wouldn't be factoring in the added weight or leverage that 9" is going to provide :laughing:

·
Registered
347 Posts
JoeCanadian said:
I know that the D44's can handle a max tire size of 35", but is there any thing i can do to chunk them up? I'm inly asking for another 5" over the 35" that the stock Axles can hack. I also know that a D60 max tire size for stock axle is 38.5", and the d70 is 44", but the d70 is to heavy and wide and heavy. like if i have to run D60's to get closer to the 40" range i will, but i would like the D44's if there is a mod to chunk them up

Yeah
Hey %#@$head take the advice.Put a jeep ej 5 inch lift.YOU MUST ADD THE 7 INCH AXLE TRUSS LIFT OR THE SECOND PINION SHAFT WILL NOT RUN STRAIGHT AT THE 47.7867 DEGREE ANGLE THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO RUN THE EJ JEEP NEEDS TO RUN 44S.IF YOU WANT TO CHUNK THEM I SUGGEST THE MILKYWAY METHOD.iT IS A LITTLE MORE THAN THE CHUNK THAT YOU NEED BUT THE SNICKERS WILL JUST NOT DO FOR YOU.YOUR 44S WILL HOLD THE 44S AS LONG AS YOU TRUSS THE 2ND AND 3RD MEMBER[AS PRECAUTION TRUSS THE 4TH AND 5TH MEMBER] JUST MY 11 CENTS :grinpimp: :smokin: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
1972CJ5+1 said:
I can verify that a crapload is more than an assload. Clearly in order to have the crapload, you must have exceeded the assload. A shitload must be more than a crapload. Say, for instance your kid craps his pants. No big deal, you just change them and throw them in the wash. If he shits his pants, there is a large mess to clean up and you might as well just toss the pants in the trash instead of washing them. I've seen this topic here before and I think there was a legitimate need for clarification. :)
He will definetly have a crap load, but that includes eveything not just the lift :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
junkyardjeep said:
Yeah
Hey %#@$head take the advice.Put a jeep ej 5 inch lift.YOU MUST ADD THE 7 INCH AXLE TRUSS LIFT OR THE SECOND PINION SHAFT WILL NOT RUN STRAIGHT AT THE 47.7867 DEGREE ANGLE THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO RUN THE EJ JEEP NEEDS TO RUN 44S.IF YOU WANT TO CHUNK THEM I SUGGEST THE MILKYWAY METHOD.iT IS A LITTLE MORE THAN THE CHUNK THAT YOU NEED BUT THE SNICKERS WILL JUST NOT DO FOR YOU.YOUR 44S WILL HOLD THE 44S AS LONG AS YOU TRUSS THE 2ND AND 3RD MEMBER[AS PRECAUTION TRUSS THE 4TH AND 5TH MEMBER] JUST MY 11 CENTS :grinpimp: :smokin: :flipoff2:
this post is un-funny. I think it's due to the excessive use of CAPS and shortage of literacy. And you talk about another guy's member A LOT :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i remember a guy on here not too long ago running 42's under his EB with 9"/44 combo....i don't remember anyone making fun of him :rolleyes: not to support this guy who wants to "chunk up" his 44 comboto put under his gremlin, but you know. i think if someone made a tube buggy with a gremlin body it'd be pretty cool...but what do i know

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
What you NEED for this particular project is a CUMBUBBLE FELCHLOAD of lift. That would make it the mostestest bitchinest gnarlyerer than anyone Gremlin on the planet! :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts