Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
So can someone at least tell us what they are driving? I mean are they trying to wheel a prius or what?:homer:

I did see the FSB in the pic above, so it may half way entertaining to watch:shaking:

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
So can someone at least tell us what they are driving? I mean are they trying to wheel a prius or what?:homer:

I did see the FSB in the pic above, so it may half way entertaining to watch:shaking:
In front of bronco us a blue chevy tracker iirc. Also a yellow toyota disabled abd parked behind caretakers cabin. It got flopped and busted motor mount. Photo taken sat. Some in our group headed out and the film guys made it clear anyone wanting to pass is welcome and many did.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I was in the group with Hurley (hey Mike, this is Robby, Jay's son).

Off topic but I need to thank you guys from the OC that let me use the welder to fix my frame Thursday on Barrett. Awesome timing for me to have you drive by when you did. Now I need to get one of those.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I was in the group with Hurley (hey Mike, this is Robby, Jay's son).

Off topic but I need to thank you guys from the OC that let me use the welder to fix my frame Thursday on Barrett. Awesome timing for me to have you drive by when you did. Now I need to get one of those.
Paul had the welder. Not sure he gets on here much. I'll make to pass the thanks on to him.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
You're all dicks!!!
At least I own it.

The full size bronco, a Suzuki Sidekick, and an IFS Toyota 4runner.

The bronco and the Suzuki drove out, the worse for the wear. The Toyota had a broken motor mount, no brakes, and a broken control arm mount...it was left in the springs, the plan was to remove it today. Risk manager shut it down.

I need a risk manager for me :flipoff2:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Once I accepted this show was scripted, it became allot more enjoyable. Still weird seeing my driving show actors in other shows, well my fiancé likes their corny jokes more then the shows on motortrend.

Trailer for those who didn't see it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfAEL6UV1g

Talking to the guys at Uncle Tom's, they stopped by there too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why cant top gear wheel the trail like the rest of us do? We dont bring a crew to set up camp and cook.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Why cant top gear wheel the trail like the rest of us do? We dont bring a crew to set up camp and cook.
Not how I run the trail but I have to say you may want to re think this statement. Thousands of folks run the trail every year with crew and cooks. JJUSA, Jeepers Jamboree, Rubithon, MCR and many others have all of this and have been doing it that way for many, many years. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Not how I run the trail but I have to say you may want to re think this statement. Thousands of folks run the trail every year with crew and cooks. JJUSA, Jeepers Jamboree, Rubithon, MCR and many others have all of this and have been doing it that way for many, many years. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
That's pretty much the standard way to do things with a group of people that are being paid to do something and its not convenient for everyone to run out and get food. Some people get assigned (or hired) to get food ready for those who have other jobs.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well, big difference between made for TV and real life, but I guess it's no different than having a big trailer on set and whole craft services (food) crew.

I am very thankful for people like John and others that provided them guidance on the trail, I'd hate to see the damage that might have been done if they were left to navigate and decipher the trail rules and etiquette for themselves. Those guys on that Alaska off-road show come to mind, with the exception being Carl Jantz.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,546 Posts
Because you don't wheel with a full video/audio crew that have Union mandated breaks/food/support.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I set my dvr because I'll forget about it, but then I can watch it when I remember.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Just got the ok to confirm... the Rubicon episode will the be the one aired on April 26th :grinpimp:
They've been advertising that for over a week now but I'm looking forward to it.
But.....but......but......What?......wait a minute........I was told I was in the inner circle and had super secret squirrel information.:stirthepot:

As much as things change the more they stay the same ;)

21 - 40 of 70 Posts