Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
I like it. May do the same thing when my stock SR5 disentigrates.

Doc

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the lock just goes through a 3/4" hole IIRC. the locking part goes into the slot i cut in the front of the box you can see in the bottom pic.

·
Registered
564 Posts
got any dimensions for it, and how did you mount it to the floor? i've been debating this for awhile now and that looks too good and easy to not do

·
Registered
372 Posts
I basically did the same thing, works great and its cheap. I drilled 4 holes in the floorboard and used 1/4 or 5/16 hardware I think (just some extra bolts I had lying around). Used nylock nuts and fender washers which makes it damn hard to pull through the floorboard or simply unbolt without getting into it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IIRC, its 11"Hx17"Lx~8"W

i reused the stock heater mounts so i didnt drill any holes in the floor.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What caliber? That would be supremely helpful here.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
i might just have to make one of those, i have a stereo Tuffy console from a YJ but it sits too tall. Plus i've got too much in it for a freakin console, i'd much rather fab a stereo one like that. Looks good.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
did the same thing in my runner...like $6 from the army navy store. they had 2 different sizes, but the largest one would not fit bt the seats. Just used 4 self tapping metal screws into the floor, after checking underneath for clearance, etc. needs paint and some kind of top cushion, metal gets hot in the summer...prolly put a cam lock in too...thanks for the tip....

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I had one of them in mine w/out the cushy part. :p I just welded it to the floor as I didn't have a center console to start with. Looked like shit, but worked

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw: the plastic cupholder thing is one i picked up from the auto parts store for cheap. it was made to hold some CD's two cups and then an empty bin for whatever. i cut out the CD holder area and it wraps nicely around the front of the ammo can.

if you have dual cases, the second shifter would come up in the middle of the empty bin area i think.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Yep, looked like a good idea for me until I figured out that's about where the second t-case shifters are. I could use the storage..........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts