Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Commercial ammo is fine for that rifle.
I agreed. but not really what i am asking. maybe i should clarify.

M2 ball?
M72 match from the 1960s in 173 grain flavor?
Korean surplus?
Pakistani 150 grainers?
M2 150gr Prvi Partisan?
etc?

can yall recommend a good ammo, (country, brand, grains, spec) that you shoot or know shoots well in the 1903?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Ive shot 147gr greek and 175gr handloads with good results out of my a4

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Prvi and American Eagle makes a specific round marketed for the Garand that I've seen others use without issue.

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
I have shot tons of korean surplus through my garand with great results. As accurate as I can ever want from 100 yds.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I have shot tons of korean surplus through my garand with great results. As accurate as I can ever want from 100 yds.
See TRH's comments above:flipoff2:

I shoot whatever round is appropriate for what I'm hunting and sight it accordingly. I have fired old ass surplus ammo through my 03 and have never had issues, I just clean it after. I use the surplus crap for plinking and better more appropriate bullet types and ammo when hunting.

·
Registered
706 Posts
How much are you going to shoot?

I have 4 different 03-A3 (OK, 3 as one is re-chambered to .300 WinMag.) and I shoot Remington Core-Lokt 150 gr. in them. They get shot to be sighted in and then for the occasional pig that wanders in front... FWIW, the .300 WM gets 150 gr Core-Lokts as well. And gets shot even less...

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a year later im finding the best prices on Prvi M2 at about 80 cents a round. seems to be about as good as i can find... AIM is sold out of the Prvi 150 grainers, they were 65 cents a round. all the Greek m2 seems be only as low as 82 cents a round.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Prvi ammo has always treated me well.

I wouldn't shoot pak ammo if I got it for free.
I second the pak ammo comment. I shot off two boxes over the holidays and had no issues with hitting stuff. Issue was it smelled terrible and was dirty.

Edit : I will add that I was also shooting Remington core lockt and my buddy both winchester super-x and Golden bear and had zero issue. It was the shooters who can't hit half the stuff and not the rifles/ammo

·
Registered
28,921 Posts
Probably were. Seems like inventory changes quite frequently.
they're short on manpower.
When the store gets overwhelmed they just mark it out of stock until they catch up on orders.

better than just backordering everyone into oblivion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts