Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Commercial ammo is fine for that rifle.
I agreed. but not really what i am asking. maybe i should clarify.

M2 ball?
M72 match from the 1960s in 173 grain flavor?
Korean surplus?
Pakistani 150 grainers?
M2 150gr Prvi Partisan?
etc?

can yall recommend a good ammo, (country, brand, grains, spec) that you shoot or know shoots well in the 1903?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I have shot tons of korean surplus through my garand with great results. As accurate as I can ever want from 100 yds.
See TRH's comments above:flipoff2:

I shoot whatever round is appropriate for what I'm hunting and sight it accordingly. I have fired old ass surplus ammo through my 03 and have never had issues, I just clean it after. I use the surplus crap for plinking and better more appropriate bullet types and ammo when hunting.

·
Registered
706 Posts
How much are you going to shoot?

I have 4 different 03-A3 (OK, 3 as one is re-chambered to .300 WinMag.) and I shoot Remington Core-Lokt 150 gr. in them. They get shot to be sighted in and then for the occasional pig that wanders in front... FWIW, the .300 WM gets 150 gr Core-Lokts as well. And gets shot even less...

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a year later im finding the best prices on Prvi M2 at about 80 cents a round. seems to be about as good as i can find... AIM is sold out of the Prvi 150 grainers, they were 65 cents a round. all the Greek m2 seems be only as low as 82 cents a round.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Prvi ammo has always treated me well.

I wouldn't shoot pak ammo if I got it for free.
I second the pak ammo comment. I shot off two boxes over the holidays and had no issues with hitting stuff. Issue was it smelled terrible and was dirty.

Edit : I will add that I was also shooting Remington core lockt and my buddy both winchester super-x and Golden bear and had zero issue. It was the shooters who can't hit half the stuff and not the rifles/ammo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.