Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Earls

Votes: 11 33.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like best?? Why?? After finishing all my steering,brake,fuel,vent and trans lines, I used all three some used some new, the Aeroquip were the best then Russel and Earls last. I dont care for the Earls hose cutting fittings.

Dan

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
XRP, great customer service,great product, at a great price. I have had at least one problem with each of the names you listed.

Ryan

·
Registered
481 Posts
Aeroquip
Been using Aeroquip fittings for over 20 years in aviation and have a nice selection at work:D

rich

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Earls but I do like the their line of black fittings, and they have more coverage for adapting to odd ball sizes than the other brands.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Havn't used the aeroquip yet, but have used Earl's and Russell. Would have to agree and say that the Earl's were harder to put together and were more expensive than the Russell. Will be using Aeroquip to finish my fuel system since i've recently found a local truck shop that sells Aeroquip fittings and line super cheap. Plus the Aeroquip stuff looks stronger and better made.
But that's just my .02

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
By the time I got done plumbing my rig, I think I used all three brands of fittings and adapters too. I used Areoquip hose and fitting wherever possible. I would bet that they make all the hose for everyone else anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I have been using Russel SS braided brakelines, and am in the process of converting my air system to Russel AN fittings and SS braided lines. It is very high quality stuff .

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
fc187 said:
Ok show me some good links. And where you are buying from.

I breifly looked and read about them having a cutter assembly. but no pics. That is the exactly the reason I dont like the Earls. I just dont feel it is needed. And it tries to push the hose out durring assembly.

Dan

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
ROCK HUGGER said:
I have been using Russel SS braided brakelines, and am in the process of converting my air system to Russel AN fittings and SS braided lines. It is very high quality stuff .
A bunch of the Russel stuff I got from Summit was made in Taiwan , so I sent it back and went with Earls! :usa:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
AN is pricey stuff....try JIC/37 fittings from Parker, same fit and significantly cheaper. Worked great on my fuel cell installation.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I only have experience with Aeroquip and Parker.

Aeroquip are nice, for sure, but they make you PAY for their reputation - too much in my opinion.

I have no complaints so far working with the Parker fittings.

For TONS of good info on fittings, catalogs, etc see Parts 2 and 3 of my hydro steering article

1 - 20 of 25 Posts