Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it goes...
The PBB members decide on a project for our mechanics here in Pakistan.. We discuss it on the board.. Refine the idea.. Get a few drawings made and measurements taken.. and agree on a final layout.. This can be any of the following..
1- custom Tire carrier.
2- Grill guards
3- Nerf bars
4- Rockers
5- A custom Soft-top like the one on the 45 we made
6- Half doors
7- Tube doors ( we have already made a set with a similar approach)
8- Bumpers
9- roof racks
Or anything else you can imagine.. This has to be either for a BJ/FJ 40, 45 or a CJ5 or 6 or 7(possibly) or a Jeep Cherokee (1979) because we can get these tubs here easily..
We can then undertake the project and post pics of the work on the board regularly..
After the whole thing is complete we can send it in for a review... Waht do you think?
The mechanics are busy for another 15 days so we have ample time to work something out.. I have talked to Dog walker and he thinks it ia a nice idea..
Thanks
Ehsan

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
You guys love to drive around without cages, so here are somethings that would be fun...

Make seats that attach to almost all of the projects... Like bumper seats, roof seats, etc. We used to strap lawn chairs to the bumpers of our trucks, use a tow rope as a seat belt, and drive around on the older less traveled roads at night having water baloon battles. We could have 2 people on a jeep (front and rear bumper) and 5 on a truck (one on front, and a bunch in the bed)

Man, that was fun.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TNToy said:
I am dumbfounded as to why there is no roll cage in that list.
I had that in mind but then there is the problem of shipping the set.. We will have to cut te set and install an assembly mechanism to it like the one in the Bows we make.. That would make it considerably weak and heavier too.. Another thing that we can do is to make pieces that can be welded there to form the whole cage.. If you think that is a good idea, start with the design process... :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You guys need some roll cages, I would say definatley start there

and LordRatner... wtf?

That sounds kinda sktech there. no comment...

Ryan

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YeeP said:
You guys need some roll cages, I would say definatley start there
Ryan
What about the shipping?? It would be a lot? What would you say on getting cut pipes that you could assemble there and weld together to form a cage??

How about this?

Again cut in the middle so you can weld it together??

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
What about the shipping?? It would be a lot? What would you say on getting cut pipes that you could assemble there and weld together to form a cage??

To me it sounds like you are looking for products that you can create and ship elsewhere, right? I'd love to see what you come up with. I have seen some of your posts and I am always fascinated by the amount of effort you put into your work.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
do you guys have any old land rover poking around there? i would love to see what you could do with one of those.

aside from that, that roof rack looks pretty damn cool! i would love to have one on my rover. if i got you measurements do you think you could make one for my application?

i would gladly be the official POR reviewer :D

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
So you want to start building things in Pakistan, to sell to people in the United States?

I thought you just wanted feedback on things to build for YOUR Jeeps? :confused:

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TNToy said:
So you want to start building things in Pakistan, to sell to people in the United States?

I thought you just wanted feedback on things to build for YOUR Jeeps? :confused:
Hmmm.. Its not a business thing.. Dont misunderstand me here.. I love to get new things built.. I love documenting the procedure and then posting it on my Club website. http://ijc.8m.com as projects.. I also want to expose the mechanics here to all of you and show you all what they are capable of doing.. I hope you dont take me wrong here..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts