Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
A buddy of mine's neighbour, when we were young teenagers, had peacocks that ran loose. His mother got hours of entertainment out of telling us she had $20 for whoever killed that damn thing. No weapons allowed, gotta do it by hand.

Side story about that same neighbour....
He was in his shop one evening when he heard a commotion by the hen house, loud chicken noises, dogs barking, other strange animal noises. He goes outside, and there's a young cougar up the cherry tree beside the hen house, munching a chicken. He goes back inside the shop to grab a .22, which turns out to be out of ammo.
So he does the logical thing, rather than go in the house, and grab a different gun, he grabs a salmon net and a filet knife, nets the cat out of the tree and slices it's throat.
I didn't believe it initially until I heard his wife bitching about it a few days later:laughing:
Curious, does he own a buffalo?

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
fuck those things.

grew up with peacocks across the field, and those fuckers were still loud enough to make you want to close the window.

becaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww.
fucking 9 million times.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have gun, will travel.

Friend of mine had guineas (bird not the person) over running his place from the neighbor. They are no more.

Fuck birds, all they do is make noise and shit all over everything. And no, they dont create a magical insect free biome where your house is.
And we went thru that last summer! Guys next door decided to get ten of those shitting bastards! Of course they had to be free range guineas! They all free ranged themselves to death some how! :evil:

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Got a recipe for that bird?
I don't have a recipe for Pea fowl
But, I do know a tidbit about how to handle other wild/exotic fowl.

Let's say you have a buddy that is a semi hardcore prepper, live off the land type, and he's built a pond specifically to have access to additional protein if shit ever hits the fan.

Now say he discovers an adult blue heron that was killing all the large fish in his pond, but not eating them because they were too big to swallow.

So he decides the heron has got to go, and maybe he shoots it with his
22-250 from the comfort of his shop that overlooks the pond.

Now being a live off the land type, he decides he not gonna waste that bird, so and decides to dress it out so he can smoke it.

WELL YOU WILL MOST CERTAINLY WANT TO TELL HIM TO BRINE THAT SUCKER A COUPLE DAYS IN MASSENGILL.
Heron eat mostly fish and as soon as you begin to open the body cavity the stench of old fish will be near overpowering and the only thing I know that removes that fish stank is a good douching.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Just remember kids, you are what you eat!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you have an in counter with one, you must be quick about it. A good swift kick like your punting a football will take care of them. Once they land about 10' away, they will loose interest in you. Same works for geese.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

clearly this creature is begging to be killed and eaten.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts