Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just setting up my links on my buggy and I am doing a 3 link with panhard. Is there any problems or things I should consider with angling the lower links from the chassis in towards the diff?

It is rear steer and turns 60 degrees so I am trying to make sure every thing clears, I don't see why it would be a problem but thought I should check.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Hopefully you meant angling them in from the diff to the chassis...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, the problem I think I will have if I go that way is the lower link will contact the shaft (rear engine with mid shaft). Again I have not looked at the links yet but I am just wondering if it comes down to having to do it that way, how bad will it be?

The angle would not be huge just enough to stay out of the way of the tire & driveshaft.

I am at work and only have paint to work with but kinda like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
The further inboard you mount those lowers, the more leverage will be exerted on the outboard side of the lca mount when you apply rock to the tires under throttle. could you make two uppers come off the lowers and mount them further outboard on the axle?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure but too far out board and the tires will be into them. I may have to just set the motor and everything back in and check it out with a drive shaft in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts