Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I sirched.:flipoff2:

Is a Taurus PT145 Pro able to be comfortably carried/easily concealed in an ankle holster? I'm thinking on the Fobus one if it'll work. I have zero experience with ankle holsters. Any other recommendations as far as ankle holsters go?

·
Registered
456 Posts
a PT145 seems like it would be a touch too big to ankle carry. i like how smooth they are and how concealable that makes them, but when i think ankle carry, i'm usually thinking P3AT or LCP sized guns mainly because of weight. i wouldn't think you could move quickly with a PT145 on your ankle.

i don't know what type of footwear/pants you would be covering it with or the situation you'd be carrying in, so i may have totally missed the mark.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i ankle carry my 145 sometimes. It rides high toward the top of my boot so the upper strap is above my calf muscle. That puts it high enough in the pants there's extra material there and its pretty unnoticeable. Still pretty easy to draw though. I found a "ace" holster at a gun show and its tagged for a small glock but fits the pt-145 great

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wear Dickie's khakis at work and jeans when not at work, always the loose-fitting baggy kind. I wear 6" steel-toe boots ALL the time.

Since an ankle holster is about the only feasible kind I haven't bought yet, I may just pick one up to try out.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
would be nice if it was rolled forward a little more than being vertical.
The Fobus one looks to be rolled a little more forward than that one. I think I may just order one, it's only $40 online + shipping. Anyone make a single mag pouch for a Taurus 145 Pro that goes on the opposite ankle? If not, I may have to buy something and just mod it to fit.

I'd really like to be able to carry the spare mag, too. And mine would ride a little different I think, I wear a little lower top boot and I think I could wear it right over the top of the boot maybe.

I've got a High Noon brand Bare Asset IWB on the way that'll be here Monday, I'm just trying to give myself options on how to carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts