Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is this weekends work.....Lots of pics!!

put the toy axles under the GF rig...wanted to stretch the wheelbase while i was at it :D

Ended up with 91" from the 81" it was before we started...

here is the start of it, and you can see how wide it was stock with SPOA, on 33x12.50

Tube fenders done last weekend..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sidekick box with a little modification from WEST TEXAS OFFROAD (thanks Matt!!!)

We still need to mount the ram and run the lines...

We also had to extend the steering shaft out about 8" from where it was stock....we are using a sidekick pump with Trail Toughs power steering bracket and kit
Very nice kit!
Thanks Brent!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and finally rolled it out of the garage by 5 pm today:D

measured dlines and will get them this week...Of course from Dline service of Stockton (thanks John and Gary).

still need brake lines....going to stop by and see Tony K this week and pick those up.

Very very happy with the way this turned out! If i was to build another zuk for a trail rig, I would do it just like im doing this one!!

Used stock toyota rears for the front springs, and stock 5 pack YJ's for the rear. Shocks are the longest travel ES1000's(13" of travel:D), and to my suprise i think they will work very well..

tires are 35x13.50 bias claws on 8" rims with 2" BS.

i also still need to build a rear bumper for it, and im still going to put a stinger on the front of it and tie the stinger into the hood hoop.

We will be adding a 6:1 case, prolly a m8000 winch and a full belly pan skid plate.

Rig sits fairly low, the frame heigth is just under 24".

Attachments

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
432 Posts
great job man,,your work makes mine look like shit. ive been building mine for over a year and its still not done or even drivable. sorry to hear about your tree huggin neighbors. im going to sell my house next year for the same reason. and the bad thing is i just bought this house in june of 02. im moving back to the country where i can do anything i want without fear of dumbass neighbors calling the law

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
RudeZuk said:
made our steering out of this :D
I dont think she will ever play with this:D

we used 3/4 heims for all of the steering.

how do i get the chance to hold on to that rod you have there:flipoff2:

:massey:

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Azrckcrawler said:

That looks like it'll be a sweet weekend warrior.
thanks chris, as soon as we can get everything else done on this....we will take it to prairie city for a trial run.

This will be on the con for memorial day, and i think she is going to come to SOR with me this year.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts