Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a good freinds truck and my first exo, Its just tacked together so he can take it home and finnish welding it up. Its all kinda modular in that the top lifts off, the front tilts up and the sides will come off. Finnish welding the back side, put it back on the truck and weld the sections together.

The top came out good, though a lot of tube. We wanted it secure because of the kids in the back. 10 sticks with about 8' of waste/ drops

Attachments

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Nice work for your first. I have been putting ideas together for when I do one. I really like the rear section. I want to build a tire Carrier and a Jerry can holder hinged off the exo. The placement of the rear on that one would work good for that.

Is there enough room to slide the hard top out from under it?

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

No tube down the center. I don't think you gain anything. Not with the bar across the coweling sitting up and out from the windshield the way it has too because of the wipers.
We are thinkin of doing something removable in the back for when the tops off, to give a little side lode support. But just going to have fun for now.
There are some things I could have done better/ different but thats how you learn.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
4wheelin4christ said:
dang man! looks :grinpimp: you wanna do another one?????

props!

Not for a while. It's to forkin HOT here.

GR, yes the top will slide out the back.

One thing I'd never do again is use sliders and bumpers that are on already on. Nothing was the same. I'd just cut them off and start from scratch.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Are you saying there is almost 192 feet of tubing in that exo?

If so this is about what it weighs:

1.5 x .125=352 pounds

1.75 x .125=416 pounds

that is plus any plate and welding rod, that is a lot of weight. Nice work for your first attempt, even though I do not like exo's!!!! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OOP'S said:
Are you saying there is almost 192 feet of tubing in that exo?

If so this is about what it weighs:

1.5 x .125=352 pounds

1.75 x .125=416 pounds

that is plus any plate and welding rod, that is a lot of weight. Nice work for your first attempt, even though I do not like exo's!!!! :flipoff2:

I know, but thats the trade off I guess. 1.75 x .125=416 pounds
Thanks though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts