Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rescued this one from a wrecking yard a couple of years ago and finally found a new home for it this weekend:D .
my buddy dave (bill's trans) is going to make it into a wheeler and should have it ready (so he says anyways) for this year's 45 run.:eek:

Attachments

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
45 or not, that thing is a total peice! What does he plan on keeping out of that pile? Looks like it's prety much rusted thru body and frame!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
60seriesguy said:
I have a lot of admiration for people that take on projects like that, looks to me like it could be a money pit! :eek:
If you don't aim at an all-stock -vintage collector stage, the issue is not as much money but time...

Anyway, good luck for this, that looks like a cool project and a real resurrection :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'd love to have that truck !

I'd pull all my wifes flowers out of the garden and place it there so I could look at it from my porch swing :D

I tend to do a lot of my landscaping with Land Cruiser bodies and blue tarps ! :D :laughing:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
my current FJ40 was worse than that when I brought it home....you've got a fun project ahead!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tear it down and send it off to be media blasted and it will come back looking a lot better. Needs some welding but is still a very viable project...

I was driving my first Land Cruiser down the street with a load of BMW motorcycle parts in the back. Low and behold as I drove over a bump a busted R90 transmission fell through the floor and took out the muffler in the process. I could not figure out what happed because the ambulance doors stayed shut!

When I got home, I realized that a basketball could pass through the floor. The next day, I got a welder and enrolled in a welding class with the money I got for the BMW parts.

I fixed that truck and my best friend still drives it every day.

They can be pretty bad and still fixable.

-Stumbaugh

1 - 20 of 43 Posts