1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yep, that's Daniel's doing. Check his website. USA6x6.com

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
he's not involved, he just organized the building process... I doubt he actually turned a wrench, heh...

J/K Dan:D I think you put the wheels together, right??

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
I got to see it in person!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
So was Godwin the one who did the actual fab work?

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Actually the back is modular, it han be used for a cellular, radio, TV tower, firefighting, etc. The way it was set up there it had a missle launcher and a camera on the tower.

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
ForestCam said:
it had a missle launcher
Missle launcher you say....... gotta get me one of those:nuke: I can't remember where else I have seen pics of that truck (maybe in another post during the build-up?), but its pretty sweet.
________
WENDIE 99

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Who cares if Daniel even touched a tool for that truck. Do you think Boeing makes all the parts that is involved in making an airplane? Nope, they contract that all out and have many machine shops making airplane parts. Boeing just puts parts together like a model kit.

Cool truck though, but it'd be cooler with 6x6 portal axles. :flipoff2:

Later.

Ken S

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
crackhead93 said:
stupid question, but what kind of missles???

The kind you can buy off ebay!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Steve Gerstner who is on the board made the axles. They are Ford 9" axles and it's a chevy. Supposedly the chevy bigwigs hit the roof when they saw that.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
unimogken said:
Do you think Boeing makes all the parts that is involved in making an airplane? Nope, they contract that all out and have many machine shops making airplane parts. Boeing just puts parts together like a model kit.

They even started offloading there lay off notices they found out that they could get them made in China for cheaper, then all they have to do is staple them and hand them out. :D
Cool truck and who cares who built it. Does not look like a great wheeler but still a cool truck.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
It'd be a lot sweeter if it wasn't a friggen IFS front end. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts