Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
mud or sand drag truck.....a lot of times.....their axles are welded solid to the frame....i.e. no suspension.....so they suspended the cab to ease the ride a bit....it's not built to rockcrawl or drive on the street.....his tire size is limited by the class he is racing in

·
Hophead
77,735 Posts
LeviGarrett76 said:
cool, looks like it still has the rear leafs??? i dont know, just seems like alot of work to do that?
He has front leafs as well. Now it still may be all welded up but....

·
Premium Member
25,804 Posts
Please post this in chit chat where is belongs next time. Pissing off Camo is not a good idea.

You really have to wonder how far the cab hops up and down with coils that big suspending the body. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
pulling truck

I looks like (to me) a "Street Class" pulling truck. Probably rules similar to when I pulled my M715. ....... "Stock TYPE springs in OE location", stock WB, no hood cuts (headers, snorkles) and of course tire and rim specs that are really lame (IMO). The street class does NOT mean street legal, more of a terminology. As lame as the rear coil springs look, I like the functionality, as (in theory) the driver will not be bouncing in the cab, on and off the throttle causing loss of momentum and breaking parts. Hand throttles are not allowed. When I pulled the 715, the class had a max weight of 6500#, I weighed at 6410# without the full size spare:eek: I had a good time doing it, did'nt break much either. Got 2nd place the 1st time I pulled.
See, what started off as imagined "Booty fab" turned into knowing something you did not before........;)

WEPS

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
MattS said:
Please post this in chit chat where is belongs next time. Pissing off Camo is not a good idea.

You really have to wonder how far the cab hops up and down with coils that big suspending the body. :eek:
There's some on the front too. Dual suspension, leaf on bottom and coil up top. that thing would roll like a slinky:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just think how short his shifter is.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
MattS said:

from what I can see, it does not look like coils, but some kind of parallel chrome grill running across the back, under the tail gate?

(Considering there are tall square section tubes going up from the frame to the body)

I cannot see evidence of coils up front either, it's too dark.

Maybe all you guys are seeing it as plain as day, I dunno. But I don't see em........:confused:

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Odds are this guy's got several sets of tires and he runs in multiple classes.
When I went to the mud drags last summer there was a guy in a '83 Toyota that ran with 35's 38's 40's and 42's. If I remember right he won 3 out of the 4 classes.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i understand the suspended body concept yall mentioned, but i dont understand why lift it so damned high off the frame???
Think there is a class where you cant cut the fenders or somthing?
plus its not like you need all that much room for wheel travel going in a straight line:confused:

Oh...and sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, i wasnt sure whether or not this would turn into tech or chitchat?:rasta:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.