Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently swapping a 97' Taco x-cab onto my 96' Taco reg-cab chassis. The cab should be in place this weekend. Right now I have it just sitting where the bed used to be. Kinda looks like a top fuel drag buggy thingy. I hope to be done in the next 2 weeks.
:D

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Have fun, I know I am..lol It's much easier to move w/out the int., doors, glass, etc. I was able to move mine (87 Xcab) forward myself. I assume you have to do some body mount moving as well? Did you roll your, or just doing it cuz you can :D

Dem some PHAT tyres you gots there :rasta: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i wanted a taco cab as well, but was stuck trying to smog an early chassis(motor) in a later model vehicle--damn:mad: taco cabs are comfy!

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
i wanted a taco cab as well, but was stuck trying to smog an early chassis(motor) in a later model vehicle--damn:mad: taco cabs are comfy!
I wanted the same, or your style Paul. No luck and too much $$ to just beat up again. I looked at my DD 2WD Xcab and thought...Hmmmmm :evil:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bones said:
Have fun, I know I am..lol It's much easier to move w/out the int., doors, glass, etc. I was able to move mine (87 Xcab) forward myself. I assume you have to do some body mount moving as well? Did you roll your, or just doing it cuz you can :D

Dem some PHAT tyres you gots there :rasta: :flipoff2:
I didn't have the heart to gut the cab after all of the hassle the one I removed was. I do have to relocate the rear cab mount...Jof-f'n-joy!:flipoff2:

I am doing it so I can take the whole family wheelin' with me.

As far as the tires, I got them through a trade. I will probably try to trade them for something more pratical. 35x17.5015LT Mickey's on 15x12 M/T II's

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Booger Weldz said:
Trying to smog it? I have the entire motor from this Taco. (harness, ECU, etc...) I have been told that it's bell housing will mate to the W56. You could possibly find a 2RZFE or 3RZFE to bolt in and be smogged...

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
You have a 2.7L Taco motor complete with all accessories, Harness, and ECU? PM me, and lemme know how much you're looking for. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RightPedal said:
You have a 2.7L Taco motor complete with all accessories, Harness, and ECU? PM me, and lemme know how much you're looking for. :)
Actually, I have a 2.4L. I do know where a 2.7L is locally. I sold it to a local Toy parts dealer. Contact Robert @ 6784798901 for info. He is loaded with Toyota parts.

·
Registered
722 Posts
another cab swap

Here is a pretty impressive little rig that my buddy Glen owns.

http://jollyjeepers.org/club/offroad/glenn.htm

This thread just got me thinking about his since he did a cab swap too. Thought I'd post this. He's since gone with 35s, and a few other things. Basically the same rig still though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the cab in place last night. That sucker is HEAVY. I used a Bobcat with forks to move it. It is coming together great. I am not happy that I had to use a BL(3"):mad: but the cab wouldn't clear the fuel tank, frame arch or rear tire otherwise. Too much work for me to cut the cab:(

Cab placement...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts