Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so as i sit here web wheeling away and sobbing over the lack of funds and the need for more backspace..............

I havent looked, as i am at the office and my wheels are at home.

Would it be, is it, possible to plasma cut out the centers of some wheels and just weld them back in for say a 1" gain?

I could really use about an inch less backspace but as said before.. no $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I do realize that this could be potentially dangerous so lets not start a fawkin safty inspection war again. It would also make the wheels non-DOT.

This is a trail only, full-hydro, never see more than 5 miles of pavement rig.

rims are 15 x 8 x 5 on 5.5

anywho.......... doable????

Nate

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Plasma cut ,revearsed..reweleded..run nice and true!..used to have 4"BS..Now the have 2"......Been running them for about 4 months now!!!..Trail and a little street!..later..~CLINT~

Attachments

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
sceep said:
Would it be, is it, possible to plasma cut out the centers of some wheels and just weld them back in for say a 1" gain?

Yes, but it's a time-consuming PITA. Possible though.

I do realize that this could be potentially dangerous so lets not start a fawkin safty inspection war again. It would also make the wheels non-DOT.

Actually, the DOT stamping is in the rim shell... unless you manage to obliterate it in the process of screwing around with the wheels, you're not changing DOT legality of the wheels.

By screwing around with the wheels, you're more or less relieving the original manufacturer of liability for those wheels, but there'll still be a stamp in the rim shell identifying the original manufacturer and the original date of manufacture... so if you're in a wreck and killed, and some hungry lawyer comes along and finds a shredded rim and their stamp in it, he'll go after them.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
DO a search for "rim gaps"

two guys i know are running them

i have got my 10s with 4" BS

cut the centres out

cut up a set of sevens welded those centres (which were a different size into the 10s and cause of this i can keep the safety bead inside and run 2" BS

siiik mate :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts