Pirate 4x4 banner

261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
It's been a while but I started plugging away at this thing again. Cage is done and bolted in. Dash is finished. Need to solder 5 wires.

The entire jeep was re-wired with an aftermarket harness. I tapped into the existing jeep computer. Now, the only fuse block is the aftermarket one behind the trap door on the dash.

Rebuilding the floorboard has started, hope to finish in the next few weeks (have to travel back home to use the sheet metal break)

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are your seats just regular baja ss's?
I noticed the head rest looks tilted/bent forwar.

How did you aaccomplish this? I hate how far back mine are.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Are your seats just regular baja ss's?
I noticed the head rest looks tilted/bent forwar.

How did you aaccomplish this? I hate how far back mine are.
These are Ultra's. Not sure if the headrest is different on them or not, but I didn't alter them in any way

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Trying my best not to add new things to my build as its "crawling" along but between the dash I saw the other day and yours I have to do it! Thanks for the idea dig it man:smokin:

Not much of an update, but I haven't forgot about this thing. Im picking up a sheet of steel tomorrow to build the dash. 16 ga steel. Also picked up a sheet of aluminum for the roof.

Got this thing put on. Should help keep it cool. Expect some better updates here in the next few weeks
It's been a while but I started plugging away at this thing again. Cage is done and bolted in. Dash is finished. Need to solder 5 wires.

The entire jeep was re-wired with an aftermarket harness. I tapped into the existing jeep computer. Now, the only fuse block is the aftermarket one behind the trap door on the dash.

Rebuilding the floorboard has started, hope to finish in the next few weeks (have to travel back home to use the sheet metal break)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Just cruised this whole thread. First, props to you for being patient, hard working and willing to seeing a long project through to completion. (although, as you already know, they are never done. My wifey says it's "Done.....for now....lol") Second, props on a killer looking/working rig!! and Third, dang you! every time I see this cool of build I really have to fight the urge to cut up my TJ ........:laughing:

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Any upsates??
Floorboard is 90% done. Bought some exhaust wrap and floor coating to keep the floor temp down. Gets very hot since I put the muffler under the drivers floorboard.

List of things to do:

1. Add last piece of floorboard
2. Heat wrap exhaust
3. Finish aluminum roof
4. Finish air conditioner wiring
5. drive on rocks

Trying my best not to add new things to my build as its "crawling" along but between the dash I saw the other day and yours I have to do it! Thanks for the idea dig it man:smokin:
Thanks. It turned out better than I hoped...

Just cruised this whole thread. First, props to you for being patient, hard working and willing to seeing a long project through to completion. (although, as you already know, they are never done. My wifey says it's "Done.....for now....lol") Second, props on a killer looking/working rig!! and Third, dang you! every time I see this cool of build I really have to fight the urge to cut up my TJ ........:laughing:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Somewhat of an update. Lost interest for a while and this sat in the garage. Picking it back up again now. Wiring is complete. as i mentioned, i have it running stand alone with an after market wiring harness.

All switches now labeled.

Finished the floor and put on some bed liner.

Fixed all the leaks.

Started on the aluminum roof. Got the rear piece installed just need the front now.

Added a light bar and rock lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Somewhat of an update. Lost interest for a while and this sat in the garage. Picking it back up again now. Wiring is complete. as i mentioned, i have it running stand alone with an after market wiring harness.

All switches now labeled.

Finished the floor and put on some bed liner.

Fixed all the leaks.

Started on the aluminum roof. Got the rear piece installed just need the front now.

Added a light bar and rock lights.
Just read your entire build thread great work!

Where did you get that switch pod? I need one of those for my Commando. :D

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
jeepnimzel:36791761 said:
Just read your entire build thread great work!

Where did you get that switch pod? I need one of those for my Commando. :D

All of the dash except the glove box door was made by me with a jigsaw.

·
Registered
330 Posts
All of the dash except the glove box door was made by me with a jigsaw.

I got that bud... I am talking about the horn switch, turn signal, and brights, etc.. those switches. Was looking for a part number.
:)

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
jeepnimzel:36826937 said:
I got that bud... I am talking about the horn switch, turn signal, and brights, etc.. those switches. Was looking for a part number.
:)
Oops. Well i got all my mounting panels and switch bodies from waytek.

https://www.waytekwire.com/products/1407/Carling-Rocker-Switches/&Component=Mounting-Panel

The covers themselves that are Lazer etched with the images and text came from otrattw and rocker switch pros

·
Registered
472 Posts
Are those heater vents at the bottom of the center console part of the dash? Did you use the factory heater and heater core or did you add an aftermarket setup? Sorry, I am lazy and didn't want to read through all 11 pages of your build to find it. lol

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
MichaelMaxim:36884345 said:
Are those heater vents at the bottom of the center console part of the dash? Did you use the factory heater and heater core or did you add an aftermarket setup? Sorry, I am lazy and didn't want to read through all 11 pages of your build to find it. lol
Yep they are. I am using the factory heat and ac. I just tied my center switch console into the factory ac output to funnel the air into those 2 vents. Blows really hard now Ha

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Nice Build. I would like to ask what width on that front axle, and what size tires??

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Jorge Meza:36974594 said:
Nice Build. I would like to ask what width on that front axle, and what size tires??
Front axle is a stock full width dodge king pin axle. IIRC it is 67.5" wide or 2" narrower than a chevy or ford. This combines perfect with the 65" dana 70 u rear axle.

Tires are 42" TSL SX 2's on 17" wheels

261 - 280 of 280 Posts