Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 280 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
and here we thought they all went to texas :D

i like your cage alot.
Thanks. The compliments and actually seeing it make forward progress keep me inspired.

Great little trick for the lights!

what bender did you use for the cage work?
It's a hydraulic MitlerBros bender that belongs to my uncle. Fenders were done with a ProTools 105.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I wasn't sure if this was even worth updating but I got a winch and rebuilt the front bumper. It seems everytime I build something, I have to rebuild it at least once. I designed the bumper for a smittybuilt winch but got this 8274 for free.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Fully rebuilt and powder coated. Also did some bodywork and got the full hard doors to fit right

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Did your Dana 70 have the factory power lock? If so what are your plans for a locker?

·
Registered
301 Posts
nice work. along with vogelj's question, who's rear disc brackets did you use? i'm just getting stuff together for my 70U and wouldn't mind the info. thanks.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Did your Dana 70 have the factory power lock? If so what are your plans for a locker?
No it was open with 4.10 gears. I am going to lincoln lock it

nice work. along with vogelj's question, who's rear disc brackets did you use? i'm just getting stuff together for my 70U and wouldn't mind the info. thanks.
The brackets came from Dan at RuffStuff. Very high quality pieces. I would definitely buy from them again if I need to disk brake another axle

·
Registered
301 Posts
thanks for the info. what rotors did you use?

i looked quickly but i'm kinda lazy.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ordered a battery box from ruffstuff as well. I will be painting the fenders this weekend. This will slow down now that I am back in school so the $$ is getting tighter and tighter. Still in need of a front axle but here are my plans

Comp cut/sliders
40" LTB's 42" TSL/SX
Beadlocks Aluminum beadlocks
flat belly with skidplate
SYE Box4Rox with dana 300
Rear bumper build with swing out tire carrier No spare tire
Bedliner inside of tub
Removeable steering wheel
Dodge MC

Front
HP 60 with 3.5" cut off the long side. Rebuild with 5.13's/detroit. Dodge dana 60. Rebuild with 5.13 and detroit
14" coilovers.
Hydro if $ allows PSC Full Hydro steering
4 link
6-8" stretch 11" front stretch
Reid Knuckles

Rear
70U with 5.13's welded
Cantilever Suspension with 8-10" coilovers 14" Coilovers
Fuel Cell
10" stretch 8" Stretch
4link

For those still interested, I just kicked this build into high gear. There have been multiple changes. I have been collecting parts for over a year now and am ready to start the one ton build.

Collected many parts.

Caught some tires on the Blem website

Box4Rox

PSC Full Hydro

Brand New GM hubs

Dana 60 detroit

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Front crossmember is held in with 8 1/2" bolts. There are sleeves through the frame for the bolts to go in.

Started on the 60. The dodge axle differs from the chevy in that the short side shaft/tube is about 2 inches shorter. There is also less pinion angle, but I don't think it will be a problem here.

Needed to cut this off to get the ballistic bracket to fit and weld to the tube. I did weld the tubes to the center chunk.

Rolled the tires underneath to see what this thing is going to look like in the front.

It's going to be big. I re-start school on the 19th, so this is my target deadline to get it rolling. May not finish, but it needs to be rolling

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nice build. A lot of nice fab work going into this thing!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Nice! Do you plan to have around 10k in it?
I'm actually scared to add it up. I have everything in a spreadsheet, and I just have to change one cell to get a total. I'll post that when I'm done. :shaking:

41 - 60 of 280 Posts