Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clicky

Here is my work from the weekend...keep the tube over the rear well or no? If I keep, I will do the same in front....

I don't have a side veiw shot, but my rear tire ends about an 1" from the rear bumper. Sliders will be used for a cage tie in as well...fire away.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
OK, I REALLY LIKE this look. So much that I will be ripping it off partially for my rig. I do have a question though:

If you do this, do you tie the sheet metal into the tube, or leave it free-standing? My instinct is that it would LOOK better tied into the tube, but differences in frame/body flex would fawk it up in fairly short order.

Anybody have any thoughts, comments, or advice on this?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine will be free standing if it stays, but the aluminum is way stronger than steel when cut, unless you bend the lip over to give it some lateral support. My rig has virtually no frame flex w/ respect to the body (3/16 wall bent frame rails) and this is my first jeep, so I don't know how bad it gets. My 72 blazer (god I loved that truck!) from before this rig had some mad frame flex (non-reinforced gm c channel frame), so any thing on the frame had to be isolated from the body or it would be torn to shreds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts