Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....i couldn't seen to get the right combo of words together in the search to find what i was looking for.............anyway

I am racking my brain on converting my front Dana 60 dual wheel (from a 84 Dodge 600) to single front wheel..............trying to get out of spending some big cash on this :mad:

question is..........Is there a Rear Full FLoat Hub, maybe from a D70 or something, that i can swap onto the front spinles to "cheaply" convert to single wheel.

Sure, I would love to drop $300+ on some Chevy front hubs :rolleyes: , but i'm of course tryin to minimize the cash flow on this as i have tons of other crap on the truck to throw money at

i also am aware of the machining of the front duallys, and i have seen the Dodge front singles.....but it struck me that they look JUST LIKE the rear full float hubs..........

anybody tried this or have a suggestion.

thanks

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
Ummmm not that I've seen. The bearing surfaces are different sizes, at least on the front and rear spindles I have.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...

shot in the dark here, but maybe the 14 bolt rear hubs?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Even if the bearing surfaces were the same size the back side of the wheel flange (where the rotor mounts) would have to be in the same position as a front hub for the brakes to work without fabbing a custom mount for your calipers. I have rear 60 hubs, rear 70 hubs, and rear 14 bolt hubs and none are even close to the front 60 hubs.

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
StupidTrooper said:
yeah...

shot in the dark here, but maybe the 14 bolt rear hubs?
Drastically different ;)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
not even close.

wanna buy a complete outer set of ford components to get you
back to SRW front?

knuckles, spindles, hubs, etc...

--Sherpa

·
Registered
809 Posts
SHERPA,

He's trying to go to 35 spline stubs too.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Over on Colorado K5 there is a guy that does the machining of the dually hub to a SRW hub. His prices are good also. His username over there is Donovan.... I would give you his e-mail but he doesn't have it listed...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlueJeep said:
SHERPA,

He's trying to go to 35 spline stubs too.

cool, i figured you'd chime in Bluejeep...i actually got the idea looking at your hub pics this morning.

yeah.....I KNOW....if it were that simple everyone would be buying rear hubs in the pick and pulls.............it was just a thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had the opportunity to buy a dana 70 rear that had matching hubs to those, but it was a prototype unit going in a Vermeer trencher. Those hubs are actually new, they're off a crate axle that was assembled and never run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts