Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video at link

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/video-appears-show-georgia-man-shot-while-jogging-lawyers-call-n1201301

Lawyers for the family of a black jogger in Georgia, who was chased and gunned down by white men who said they believed he was a burglar, are calling for authorities to make arrests.

The attorneys also released a video that apparently shows the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery and an altercation in the moments prior.

Arbery, 25, was shot to death in Brunswick, a coastal city about midway between Savannah and Jacksonville, Florida, on Feb. 23, as he was running through the Satilla Shores neighborhood.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
I would like to know the story behind this one. From the video, it looks like they were just waiting on the guy and he had no idea what was going on. He appears to be jogging along and tries to go around the truck sitting in the road and then they attack him. I don't believe the "burglar" story as the guy doesn't seem to be running from anything and nothing in the video appears to be enough for anyone to start shooting. It looks more like the guys in the truck knew he was coming and set up an ambush for him.

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When police arrived on Satilla Drive on Feb. 23, Gregory McMichael said there were "several break-ins" in the neighborhood and he allegedly caught the suspect "hauling a--" down the street, according to the police report.

Gregory McMichael, 64, said he went inside the house to get his son and they both grabbed their guns -- a .357 magnum and shotgun -- because they didn't know if the suspect was armed, according to the report.

The father also told police that he saw the same suspect stick his hand down his pants "the other day" which lead him to believe "the male was armed," according to the report.

According to Georgia law, civilians are allowed to pursue a suspect if a crime has been committed and make an arrest until law enforcement arrive.

The McMichaels allegedly jumped into their pickup truck and attempted to cut the suspect off as he fled, according to the police report. Gregory McMichael said the suspect changed course and ran in the opposite direction, according to the police report.

Travis McMichael got into the driver seat with his shotgun as his father hopped into the back of the pickup truck with his handgun and tried to stop the suspect again, according to the report.

In the viral video, Ahmaud Arbery can be seen running around the vehicle on the passenger side. According to the police report, Travis McMichael said he shouted "Stop, stop, we want to talk to you" as he pulled up close to the suspect.

Travis McMichael claimed in the police report that he got out of the truck with the shotgun and was attacked by the suspect. He and the suspect then tussled with the shotgun before two shots go off, according to the video.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/cellphone-video-shows-georgia-jogger-allegedly-ambushed-gunmen/story?id=70509641

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Wow!

yet another GREAT reason to carry a gun while jogging. when life or death is decided in seconds, police are minutes away :(

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow!

yet another GREAT reason to carry a gun while jogging. when life or death is decided in seconds, police are minutes away :(
you had better

it's common sense that if you see a black guy running you gotta chase him down and shoot him.... especially if he is fast and can haul ass

the "father" is an ex-cop, I think but he is for sure retired investigator for DA's office

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Civil rights attorney Ben Crump, who is also representing the family, said he thinks that if two black people had killed a white person, arrests would have already been made.
oh you fucking bastard :mad3:

I dream of a day when somebody can be killed and the only reason people will care is because somebody was unlawfully killed and not "they died while being black". Fucking hate mongers.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
you had better

it's common sense that if you see a black guy running you gotta chase him down and shoot him.... especially if he is fast and can haul ass

the "father" is an ex-cop, I think but he is for sure retired investigator for DA's office
yeah that is what the youtube video says, funny the NBC article doesn't mention that :shaking: #ThinBlueLine

edit: like so many other times, if the jogging dude had actually had a gun on him, he might have had half a chance to at least add some chaos to the situation and potentially diffuse it, rather than having 2 dudes with guns roll up and going with the physical route. might be able to get one, but harder to get two that way. Always remember, attack attack attack. space = death when fighting over a shotgun

·
Random Dude
906 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
oh you fucking bastard :mad3:

I dream of a day when somebody can be killed and the only reason people will care is because somebody was unlawfully killed and not "they died while being black". Fucking hate mongers.
Yeah..... Except this guy basically died just for being black. If their story is true, that they thought he was a burglar because there had been breakins, then theyre just racist pieces of shit. From the video they straight up ambushed the guy and the only way they knew he would be there is they had seen him jogging there before. This looks like straight up murder. We will probably find out that the young guys wife has a little burnt bun in the oven. The old guy is just using his past professional experience to make up some legaleze bullshit to skate on a murder charge.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If those dumbfucks actually cared about their neighborhood they would know who their neighbors are and this would not have happened

·
Wiseguy
63 Posts
Title correction - Another dumbass making a dumb thread without all the facts and calling anyone who disagrees with thread op a dumbass.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Yeah..... Except this guy basically died just for being black. If their story is true, that they thought he was a burglar because there had been breakins, then theyre just racist pieces of shit. From the video they straight up ambushed the guy and the only way they knew he would be there is they had seen him jogging there before. This looks like straight up murder. We will probably find out that the young guys wife has a little burnt bun in the oven. The old guy is just using his past professional experience to make up some legaleze bullshit to skate on a murder charge.
100% everything about this makes it sound like it should be murder

I don't disagree that being a racist piece of shit is a big part of WHY these particular people targeted this particular person.

the lawyer comment of "if this had been 2 blacks murdering a white, we'd have already had arrests!" is the bullshit comparison, as far as i'm concerned. there is plenty here that makes this a bullshit situation.

of course, i don't think that hate crimes should count as modifiers, so while i'll happily watch these dudes go down for murder, i don't see the point in forcing the hate/race angle. in MY VIEW, it dehumanizes the person murdered. it reduces him to simply "a dead negro at the hands of the white man"; bullshit.

Would there actions have been any more justified if they had shot a white guy? NOPE! But you can bet the charges folks are trying to bring against them would be different.

does that mean this guy is worth less and therefore needs an extra level of punishment to serve as protection? Fuck no.

now, let me be a racist for a minute here: Society and some to many civil rights "leaders" have manipulated black society to normalize dependency on the state and foist responsibility onto others rather than themselves. This has bred the notion that black people cannot be self supporting and their ailments are caused by and the responsibility of "the state". By discouraging the individual, this dependency makes them easier to accept victimization.

sometimes, you are the victim of random violence and there is fuckall that can be done about it. just life. Making this a "only cuz he was black" issue instead of a random act of violence (premeditated or not, it was random to the victim) is a misdirection ploy that increases the dependency instead of helping the individual. fuck that shit

·
Wiseguy
63 Posts

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
It looks like assholes collided. The guys with the guns should not have played cop and the jogger shouldn’t have responded by attacking the guy with the gun.

1 - 20 of 485 Posts