Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tried drinking bleach, and it is Tuesday. :flipoff2:

Sold some new Floor mats. Sold on November 28th. Shipped the next day and provided tracking info. Delivered by Fedex December 5th. Says "Left at front door".

Had buyer ask for a refund today, claims never received item. I provided tracking info again and asked them to contact Fedex.

Can I expect to come out losing on this?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Ive had the same a few times over the years.

Once I pointed out tracking info to Ebay, I was in the clear.

Pretty sure ebay ate it, I kept my $$ and the buyer was refunded.

YMMV though. Whats your ebay score?

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
ebay always sides with the buyer, buyer gets full refund. They kind of did anyway but new policies = 100% these days. They will probably just eat it (ebay).

ebay has become a giant pain for sellers, I use to sell a bunch of my car parts on there, but it just became a complete hassle, every time you turn around another fee tacked on too. fawk 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Is possible buyer never actually received the package. Recently I sold some items via Pirate Classifieds, shipper said it was delivered, customer said they never received it. Couple days later I get a phone call from a guy telling me he has my package at his house. He lived on North Whatever St, and I was shipping to South Whatever St. I knew who had it, where it needed to be, who messed it up, and it was still a miserable mother fucker to get straightened out.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
We had a mail man stealing packages last year. Among them were some pin headers I ordered, worth a grand total of about $2, but I needed them to complete a project.

Seller didn't give a shit because tracking said delivered, ebay ate it. Tracking info is bunk anyway. The policy for USPS is to mark it delivered when it leaves Denver - most things arrive the next day.

·
Window Licker
14,783 Posts
If you have a tracking number, ebay will either side with you or eat it.

I had a scam seller actually provide a tracking number but the tracking showed it shipped to TX...I'm in NC. When I disputed it, ebay/paypal immediately and automatically sided with the seller because they provided a tracking number and it showed delivered. I had to call and talk to an actual person at ebay and she immediately recognized it as a scammer and refunded me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Shippers are really getting lazy these days. I've had a number of packages delivered (porch pirates not a problem in a gated community) that when I look up the info it says it was signed for. Wtf? I never signed for anything.

Just the quantity of packages to deliver I think makes the drivers take shortcuts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts