Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
This gus is SO cheesy, his descriptions always make me want to gag!
The sad thing is that he'll find some Cruiser newbie dope to sell this truck to, and then the guy tries to get some parts for the truck and has a heart attack! When he recovers he comes to the realization that he's now Marv's bitch if he wants parts, so he puts it up for sale, trying to recoup what he paid for it. Truck continues to relist on various sites for months, then finally some ******* with a big block hanging from a barn rafter makes him an offer, hacks the poor truck to bits to make the engine and "them big tars" fit, and goes muddin....scratch another FJ25....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
crawlin cruiser said:
Ist that a 40 with a 25 grill? I thought the doors on an fj25 were rounded like a cj or somthin.

Dan
only soft top 25's had the rounded doors, hard top doors were like early 40 doors.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
60seriesguy said:
The sad thing is that he'll find some Cruiser newbie dope to sell this truck to, and then the guy tries to get some parts for the truck and has a heart attack! When he recovers he comes to the realization that he's now Marv's bitch if he wants parts, so he puts it up for sale, trying to recoup what he paid for it. Truck continues to relist on various sites for months, then finally some ******* with a big block hanging from a barn rafter makes him an offer, hacks the poor truck to bits to make the engine and "them big tars" fit, and goes muddin....scratch another FJ25....
I know you didn't mean it to be funny.......but I thought it was :)

the worst one he had still must be the army fj40 with the soft top over the hard top......fully restored.....what bullshit!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately that's the sad part, it is a pretty original hardtop 25. And rare too, Don't know of that many, two are here on the PBB. The hardtop had the square 40 door openings with the posts that stick up at the rear of the door frame.

I was all ready to fire off a complaint and was pissed to see he really had a 25.:mad:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The first time I saw a factory hardtop FJ25 I was skeptical too, it was Rob Meredith's 1961. But when I got into collecting factory literature I realized that the did make two different tub all the way to 1963/4, with the factory softops having the rounded tub (Warden's FJ25) and the factory hardtops having the square door openings (Vintage's FJ25).

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
60seriesguy said:
...! When he recovers he comes to the realization that he's now Marv's bitch if he wants parts...
Thats got to be one of the best statements I've heard in a while...:D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A friend of mine has a 63 FJ40 original softop (no parts of the top left) that has the rounded door openings. He tried putting a hard top on it but couldn't find doors to fit. He ended up with what looked like either a mail truck or an ice cream truck. He sold the top. Those early years FJ40s had some good steel though. His 40 has been outside with no top for years and has VERY minimal rust, I'm amazed.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
60seriesguy said:
hey theres nuthin wrong with ******** and big blocka and big tyres :flipoff2:

whats with the stuff at the bottom of his ebay listing?

$29k for a landcruiser? how does your a$$ feel

bend over and say AHHHHH

id rather have a decent turbo diesel 80 series, GXL than some beater come show car POS fj40 :mad:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Where's the pics of the "factory heater", that's got my curiosity because one of my FJ25s has what I think is an original factory heater.

Hell after looking at this one I'm going to have to say that both of my 25s are looking pretty good :D

Only difference is I've only got about a $$ grand invested in both total !:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: All the way to the bank.

BTW two is better than one, cause I don't have to bend over for Marv:D :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Reddog said:
Where's the pics of the "factory heater", that's got my curiosity because one of my FJ25s has what I think is an original factory heater.

here ya go

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.