Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Tubing Junky
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another HF jack bender design. Now w/ DWG.

Not much buggy work today... Decided to build this.

My next automation project.
One shot 90s, no jack side load.
This will be the start of my next automation project. Figured I'd build a manual version then start adding automation.
Pretty simple, some hunks of 1/2 x 6 1018CR, A little machine work and a little torch work. Not a bad afternoon.

·
Tubing Junky
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based around the 105 dies, bends 90s in one stroke.
Materials-
1) 12ft 6x1/2 steel flat bar for the side plates. I'd recommend some 3.5x1/2 for joining the main frame together too.
1)HF 8ton air pumper jack,
1" x 5" main pin,
5/8 grade 8 bolts & nuts (1-5", 1-4")
6" of 1"x3/16 wall tubing
and 105 dies.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Love it..great fab work.

I'm interested in building one...average price of entire project at retail price?

·
Tubing Junky
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steel will cost 100-125ish for A36 hot roll or ~200 for 1018 cold roll.
$80ish for the HF jack.
~$20 for the bolts/pins?
Some torch and sizeable drill press work.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Plus the dies..Not bad of i can get steel cheap...ill keep it in mind.
Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Printed the plans on a plotter and got them laminated and cut out for tracing to use plasma cutter. I should have added smaller holes for pilot holes instead of using full size :/ But this is the most DIY friendly design I've seen.

·
Tubing Junky
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, We've been using ours a lot lately. Lots of 1.5x0.120wall DOM.
Couple of things to watch assembling -get some accurate pieces to space the sides out 3.5 In id (if you using 1/2"thick). Fixture it all up and test your die pins for fit.
Ours is running fantastic, 90+ in one pull has been a life saver on the latest project ...

Post some pictures of your benders when you get them built!

·
Tubing Junky
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm using the 7/8 pins that came with my PT-105 dies.
3/4" thick arms? PT105 dies are 2.5 thick, therefor you would need 4" spacing between the big plates.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Thanks for the drawings. I converted them to Solidworks and tweaked them a bit for my use. I have a 12v electric hydraulic pump, and a deep cycle battery I'm hoping to put mine on casters so I can move it around the shop. I'll upload some pics when I build it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Pretty sure he was just giving someone a ballpark estimate of what someone would pay in steel to build one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pretty sure he was just giving someone a ballpark estimate of what someone would pay in steel to build one.

I know, but I'm asking him how much if he wouldn't mind just cutting and drilling another set.

BTW, I've bought some of your other products, BOV and DPPT and all fine craftsmanship.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts