Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the HEI conversion for my 258. I have the Howell TBI kit on it, if it matters. With the HEI conversion do i get rid of the factory control modual, coil, and distributor?(except for the gear from the factory one?):confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
1. Yes, the GM HEI is a one wire install,
2. Two if you want to use an OEM TAC...
3. I've had one on my 83 CJ for 5 years,
4. And the Howell EFI for 7 years...
6. It works like a charm,
7. Are you going to have the Howell control the advance?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure? My Howell wiring harness is a mess, what did you do? Do you have any pictures of your Howell TBI wiring? I'm still hooking mine up and not sure where everything goes.:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
HEY Neighbor

PONCA CITY! I'm you'r southern neighbor in Stillwater. I am using the TBI on my six and it works great. I also have a Howell inj. system that I have ran for about 4 years and love it. The wiring depends some on what year your Jeep is. (computer controlled carb) Hooking up the Howell is really simple. One wire to the starter cable, one to a constant hot for memory, one for O2 sensor, a plug to the fuel pump, one to the temp sensor, and if I remember correctly one hot to the fuse block that came with the kit. If you jeep had the computer in it originally there is a wire in the harness that needs something done to it also. If I can be of assisitance E-mail me directly and I will see if I can help.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts