Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 244 Posts

·
Old Rock Doc
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
Finally down to body work, paint and assembly -- should only take a few more years to finish:flipoff2:

Took three days to get the Redneck Paint Booth warm enough to throw some color on this old tub of sh&*. Before doing that I needed to clean the booth the Redneck way:laughing:

70 degrees F was the best I could do without resorting to open flame, so that will have to do.

I am using PPG DP90LF primer, Deltron 2000 Basecoat and Deltron 4000 Clearcoat. After a few days of curing, I will buff out the small amount of orange peel in the clear coat.

For those who have forgotten, these are made from two sets of stock fenders, cut and welded back to make them 4" wider than the stock units.

·
Old Rock Doc
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Thanks Mellonhead:p

If the weather ever clears (approaching 20" of rain at my house this month:eek:) I will see how the fenders look in natural light. I am betting that I will not have to do any buffing at all.

You see what I mean about this thread:(

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Well you did post it when most are on vacation or not on line.

I am wondering when your gonna run outa that red paint ??

Did you do the headliner in that fancy tuck & roll or whatever they call it ?

Got me some LED headlights for Xmas- got the Max Bilt ones .

I was lookin at the rock ring paint circles on the wall and thinkin , "When is Jack gonna paint a leaf spring or something of that nature to make a mouth ?" cause them look like eyes.

Just a stupid ?, you sprayed the clear on the color coat while the color coat was still wet ?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Looks awesome, and I'm enjoying some of that rain up in Hillsboro. I hope the company comes through with the job offer they told me would come...I can't wait to get back up here and enjoy some NW wheeling!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great job there Jack. Cant wait to see the end result. My 45 is getting a complete makeover this winter as well :)

·
Old Rock Doc
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Just a stupid ?, you sprayed the clear on the color coat while the color coat was still wet ?
Yes, with the Deltron DBC you apply the clearcoat after 15 minutes of drying time at 70*. If you wait longer than 24 hours, you have to sand and apply another thin layer of base coat. I like that feature

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awesome truck and build. Funny you were a professor at the UofO, I spent 24yrs in Eugene. I left in 96 though.

Cheers

141 - 160 of 244 Posts