Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Man, I look at those pics and wonder what I was complaining about when I was helping with some of the work on my 40 when it was going through a major rebuild at a local shop a couple years ago. I thought it sucked how the yard at the shop had potholes etc. At least it had concrete floors!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Cruiser outfitters had the WORST parking area.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
It needs a lot more triangulation and bracing

even a 'soft' roll or flop will crush that cage, i would consider re-designing it, or adding a fair bit more tube. Light weight is nice, but there is a line to be drawn.

I like the cab sides though, i thought about doing a set of them about 3 times wider than that, and have like full doors and a little targa top style roof. :D :confused:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
Even a 'soft' roll or flop will crush that cage, i would consider re-designing it, or adding a fair bit more tube.
Something like this... but I'd add an X inside the main hoop ( behind the seats) if it were my rig.

Attachments

·
Banned
471 Posts
Regarding your cage.

Man, I really don't think that is a very safe set-up from any angle other than cosmetic. there can't be hardly any structural integrity
in that at all.
Oh and what's the problem with the rear shackle on the last picture? It looks like the spring is at full droop. I can't see for sure
but the front kinda looks that way too.

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
It needs a lot more triangulation and bracing
LOL, you knew it was only a matter of time before you heard that word! Thats one of the newest words in 4- wheeling, and if you ain't got "triangulation", "Tubed", or "buggied", you ain't got shit!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BJ On Roids said:

even a 'soft' roll or flop will crush that cage, i would consider re-designing it, or adding a fair bit more tube. Light weight is nice, but there is a line to be drawn.

This is not my Lc BTW.. :).. I took these pics at the local workshop..
This cage is not for protection in case of a roll-over (rare here as the LC is going to be driven on the road mostly).. It is more of a cosmetic setup and for the support of the soft-top..

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Slowerthanu said:
Cruiser outfitters had the WORST parking area.
Not anymore....:D

And I don't think Darrell cared too much about the parking lot..:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Box Rocket said:
...going through a major rebuild at a local shop a couple years ago. I thought it sucked how the yard at the shop had potholes etc. At least it had concrete floors!
I'll relay your complaints on to Darrell while out in the ocean.... at least the tools won't reach Utah...:D ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts