Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,797 Posts
I can't believe that hard top is hand made. Nice work....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
you guys are freakin' awesome!

If I ever need body work done, I'm coming to Pakistan. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
You guys do some truly awesome work!!! Some of you left-coast guys who run their own shops should help some of these guys get work visas!! BTW: What vehicle(s) are the rear seat and armrests out of? ...very nice finishing touches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
I have a question.. how much do you guys make off of one of these hand crafted Jeeps.. I know you guys put in a lot of time so I assume its a pretty good source of income.. My girlfriend and i were discussing the cost effectiveness of exporting Jeeps like those to pakistan since her family does a lot of business there with clothes and such.. Just wondering.. thanks..

PS.. another nice looking jeep.. an interior pictures?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
wow another nice jeep.

just curious isnt jeep a registered trademark? is there anyway you can get into trouble for this? dont worry im not fbi or anything

this is truely great work though, how many hours are in one of these? what kind of drive-train this one have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,234 Posts
nice!, could you please post that pic of the "Jeep" letters that were hand made , kinda looked like it was stamped....
thanks, want to show a buddy and can't seem to find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,234 Posts
well i found the pic, the question now is....how was the jeep plate made? it's a nice touch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SLOwag said:
I have a question.. how much do you guys make off of one of these hand crafted Jeeps.. I know you guys put in a lot of time so I assume its a pretty good source of income.. My girlfriend and i were discussing the cost effectiveness of exporting Jeeps like those to pakistan since her family does a lot of business there with clothes and such.. Just wondering.. thanks..

PS.. another nice looking jeep.. an interior pictures?
Hello there. Well.. The mechanics here do not make as much as they should as it takes 2-3.5 months to build these vehicles up from scratch and the profit is OK.. Exporting these Jeeps to Paksitan is not wise right now as the 4.0L Engine is not affordable with the current gas prices.. and Jeep does not offer a diesel version.. Or does it?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hpi_jeep said:

just curious isnt jeep a registered trademark? is there anyway you can get into trouble for this? dont worry im not fbi or anything

this is truely great work though, how many hours are in one of these? what kind of drive-train this one have?
Well firstly.. I cant get into trouble for this as this is not my Jeep..:).. secondly.. This is not out of a production facility.. It takes 3 months to make one of these and these guys only make 1 or max two a year.. It is a violation but I hope the Jeep guys wont bother these guys here.. That would strip them of the only source of whatever income they earn..
The drivetrain is from a Diahatsu Rocky.. The diffs and the gears.. The dash is from a three door Mitsibishi Pajero (Montero).. The engine from a Toyota Hilux.. The seats.. hmm.. from some sedan... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,234 Posts
yeah thats the jeep plate i was talking about.

man i got to get me some of those flairs, mine are all busted and bent! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
ehsankiani said:

Hello there. Well.. The mechanics here do not make as much as they should as it takes 2-3.5 months to build these vehicles up from scratch and the profit is OK.. Exporting these Jeeps to Paksitan is not wise right now as the 4.0L Engine is not affordable with the current gas prices.. and Jeep does not offer a diesel version.. Or does it?:)
Don't know if I could ever get used-to shifting with the left hand. :D Very nice looking Jeep, considering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
Any idea what it weighs? I bet the top alone is good for an extra 200 lbs at least. That is damn impressive though, given the limited tools it looks like they have to work with.:D
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top